Wanted to introduce myself

Options
Hello, I'm new here. My name is Eileen and I'm 51 and live in New Hampshire. I'm married and have three grown sons. My youngest is 22 and has autism. he is the light of my life. but the reason I joined my fitness pal is I have done alot of different diets. nutrisystem, jenny craig and weight watchers. I got sick of counting points. I wanted something a little bit more concrete. I wanted to count calories and know what I was taking in. I have roughly 150 pounds to lose. my sister in law lost 168 pounds by just doing portion control and walking. I thought if it worked for her I would try it. I have osteoarthritis in both my knees and I'm hoping losing weight will help my knees. I would love to make some new friends so please feel free to send me a friend request. I would love that.

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Hello Eileen! Weight loss will help the OA in your knees, but it's still there so you may need to get some new parts. That aside, you'll need a kitchen food scale and some patience. The world is your oyster, just weigh and log your portions and stop eating at your daily calorie budget.
  • EileenB1967
    EileenB1967 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello Jerome, thanks for the tips. I'm hoping to get a shot in my knees so I can walk and get some walking in. right now it's kinda tough. just got back from wal mart and that hurt a little. I'm only 51 so I don't want to get a knee replacement just yet. I have a food scale. and am watching my portions. thank you.