Do you need motivation, friendship and encouragement? Me too

Options
Hi! I am 25 years old and have two beautiful girls. I have a 6 year old and a 2 month old. I am really disgusted with how I look but mostly how I feel. I took "before" pictures on April 1st... and it was NO JOKE!!! :neutral:

I would like to lose 80 pounds to put me at 160 pounds but, I should lose even more than that. I haven't been less than 180 since highschool and its hard for me to imagine what I might look like...but I am ready. I was always picked on in school, I ate lunch in the bathroom by myself or hid behind the locker area because I was so embarrassed. I wasn't only picked on at school but I was also belittled at home with my mother. We are slowly working on our relationship but it is hard for me to open up to her and be myself. We can only try right!!!! :wink:

My goals are to lose 50 pounds this year. By New Years Eve, I want to be 190 pounds. I miss being in "ONEderland" and can't wait to be back to that body again. I was doing pretty good last year and made it down to 180... I was truly happy and cant wait to feel that again.

I would love to make it down further in 2020. I have to take it year by year... month by month... week by week and day by day in order to not get ahead of myself. I set myself up for failure a lot that way.

Short term goal: Lose 5 pounds a month
Longish term goal: Lose 50 pounds by 2020
Long term goal: Reach 150 pounds

I am looking for an accountability partner. Someone that I can talk to about rough patches that understands weight issues (Hubby totally doesnt get it since he is 130 pounds of straight muscle and abs. Imagine my insecurities). I need someone to text, message and vent to. Someone to share my meals with, my activity with, my NSVs (non scale victories) and my weight victories. I need someone that is also willing to send me their goals, pictures, meals, advice, vents, brags etc. Lets be friends. Lets do this together!!!!!!

Here is to a fabulous year of becoming a better YOU!

Replies

• ReneeBlayne
    ReneeBlayne Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Great Story - Motivation is key & this app is amazing! Check out the 52lbs in 52wks challenge in the discussions. I'll bet there's people on there you can connect with as well - But you are right. My whole outlook on life sucks when I feel crappy about my look & weight. I'm a big fan of inch loss over weight loss once you hit a certain point in the path your heading to. Happy Trails