Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Bird Watching

Replies

• tinkerhellraisertinkerhellraiser Posts: 3,171Member Member Posts: 3,171Member Member
    i like how on windy days you can see birds playing with the currents way up high, like they riding a wave on a surfboard

• nooshi713nooshi713 Posts: 2,803Member Member Posts: 2,803Member Member
    Birds are so amazing. I used to always watch them and dream of flying. I also love how usually both parents feed the babies when in the mammal world, males are just sperm donors. Sweet birds. <3
  • MIltonBradley1MIltonBradley1 Posts: 389Member Member Posts: 389Member Member
    I used to love watching dodo birds.
  • MIltonBradley1MIltonBradley1 Posts: 389Member Member Posts: 389Member Member
    Beauxjack wrote: »
    I used to love watching dodo birds.

Everybody thinks their a comedian. Dodos went extinct in 1861.

No, I think I am a grammar teacher. It's "they're", not "their".
  • kbmnurse1kbmnurse1 Posts: 316Member Member Posts: 316Member Member
    I love seeing a pretty bird.
    My view. A Jenday and Sunday conure enjoying a preening session and showing off their fluffy tummies.

1ot2iqgi3xob.jpg
  • FeelinFooFooFeelinFooFoo Posts: 2,691Member Member Posts: 2,691Member Member
    This was a bird that I seen at a bird show last year. They look very comical, are large and like to entertain all the people who came to watch them lol
    This was a bird that I seen at a bird show last year. They look very comical, are large and like to entertain all the people who came to watch them lol

That is how they kill their prey, by picking it up and whacking it off the ground.

Ouch.

This is what they actually do with eggs. To break them open. At the bird show the bird was loving doing this with the bouncy ball!
  • DWBalboaDWBalboa Posts: 23,633Member Member Posts: 23,633Member Member
    I absolutely love to bird watch. Even though I am in the middle of a city I lucky to have a wide range of birds. We have bald eagles that nest in a radio tower literally across the street, we also had a nest of osprey nearby. The bay has so many birds it’s not fun, to include rather social gulls that’ll eat right out of your hands.
    In my back yard I have several feeders that bring in a wide range of birds and we have two ducks that have made our pool their home. I love to sit out back on a warm day and just listen to their songs and watch them fed and bath in our two birdbaths.
  • Birdlover88Birdlover88 Posts: 4Member Member Posts: 4Member Member
    bsxmg4ajk02n.jpegll2hm5091b1d.jpeg
    5bbc2e187p82.png
    41lgkszst7bu.jpeg
    1gygkmdx5pit.jpeg

A few birds that I’ve gotten pics of 😉 The sparrow got her leg caught in our chicken feeder and by the time i found her, her leg was dried up and nearly severed off. I fixed her up as best I could and now she’s back in the wild 😊
    o5ehy9fk3die.jpeg

3 days old

OMG cutest!!! You and the bird <3
  • Birdlover88Birdlover88 Posts: 4Member Member Posts: 4Member Member
    hwhsgz1yjcqi.jpeg
    qd2dcnmlt3fe.jpeg
    zshwvwwspn3g.jpeg
    kvgj4pvgwe32.jpeg
    mcfv2x7h01a7.jpeg
    pm3pj2b8dxlr.jpeg

A few of my babies! Unfortunately the male peacock passed away a little while back, but we still have 2 females (his ‘wife’ and daughter).
    hwhsgz1yjcqi.jpeg
    qd2dcnmlt3fe.jpeg
    zshwvwwspn3g.jpeg
    kvgj4pvgwe32.jpeg
    mcfv2x7h01a7.jpeg
    pm3pj2b8dxlr.jpeg

A few of my babies! Unfortunately the male peacock passed away a little while back, but we still have 2 females (his ‘wife’ and daughter).

So Beautiful!!
    denny_mac wrote: »
    Saw this and thought of this thread:
    ev5ek8pxkzym.jpeg

Also saw this and thought of this thread (attention: not as cute as above picture)
    4wu694bzem5t.jpeg

I want to pet an owl!