Starting Again

Options
SteroidalLolita
SteroidalLolita Posts: 122 Member
edited April 2019 in Getting Started
In all of my time on MFP I have never posted once in the forums. I do, however, stalk the Success Stories religiously for inspiration, though. Back in 2014 I was at my heaviest (right around 260). This was mostly an effect of being in a bad, emotionally abusive and manipulative relationship. Which, finally, I got out of and moved into a one bedroom apartment with three of my best friends and my older brother (oh my god, you can't believe how cramped it was, but it was always a blast). I lost a hundred pounds in just around five months due to walking around 13 miles a day and not making enough money to pay my rent and feed myself. If a got one meal a day, it was something cheap and very, very bad for me, usually from a gas station.
Flash forward to the beginning of 2016; I'd moved to a new city, got a better job, and suddenly was able to feed myself again. Yay!... Cue the new emotionally manipulative relationship. And because of it, I put a lot of weight back on. As of now I'm up to 226 (the highest I got in that relationship around 240) and quickly working it down, but it's always a struggle! I'm learning to take care of myself, I've stopped drinking soda, and I eat whole, low fat foods that can nourish my body and do yoga, calisthenics and sometimes dance to keep myself feeling free and happy. I'm out of that abusive relationship and finally, FINALLY with a man that treats me well and supports me in everything I do. I have always loved myself just the way I am, but I miss the mobility and stamina I had when I was smaller. I had always been chubby growing up so it was something I had never experienced before.
Has anyone else had similar struggles and wound up figuring it out and doing well, I wonder?