Is this okay???

So basically I hit my cal goal for weight loss which is 1390 cals. But today I mainly had lot of carbs. My carbs were from 2 kiwis, 5 bananas, 1 orange and 4 chocolate twix fingers, little bit of Doritos chips I had like 7 and 3 Pringles. These were all like snacks. For lunch I had a salad with small pieces of beef. So yeah. I hit my calorie goal but I may have eaten extra 100 cals or bit less. I am not gonna have dinner cause I’m full. I had a lot of sugar today. I ate more than 70grams of sugar. I only started my weight loss journey 4 days ago. So still new to all this...

Replies

• thanos5
    thanos5 Posts: 513 Member
    in terms of weight loss, all that matters (generally) is your calorie intake being less than your calorie burn. you could literally eat twinkies at every meal and still lose weight, if it's under your calorie goal.

that doesn't mean its good for you, obviously lol. it just doesn't really matter for weight loss purposes.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited April 2019
    for weight loss only calories matter. not fat/carb/protein ratio.

marcos are the carb/protein/fat mix. they matter for heatlh and being full but not for weight loss.

it IS a concern that it's mid dya and you ate all your calories. try to briefly review what happened and how to avoid it in the future so you can eat in a more balanced way.
  • sandamilaxx1
    sandamilaxx1 Posts: 6 Member
    Panini911 wrote: »
    for weight loss only calories matter. not fat/carb/protein ratio.

marcos are the carb/protein/fat mix. they matter for heatlh and being full but not for weight loss.

it IS a concern that it's mid dya and you ate all your calories. try to briefly review what happened and how to avoid it in the future so you can eat in a more balanced way.

Thank u!!!! Makes me feel a lot better
  • sandamilaxx1
    thanos5 wrote: »
    in terms of weight loss, all that matters (generally) is your calorie intake being less than your calorie burn. you could literally eat twinkies at every meal and still lose weight, if it's under your calorie goal.

that doesn't mean its good for you, obviously lol. it just doesn't really matter for weight loss purposes.

Lol 😂😂😂 thank u!!!! I understand now
  • sandamilaxx1
    The only thing you need for weight loss is a calorie deficit. An extra 100 calories will still be a deficit. If you chose to lose 2 pounds per week, that's a daily 1000 calorie deficit. One pound, 500 calorie deficit. Half-pound, 250 calorie deficit. So even if you chose the smallest loss per week, you're still in a deficit of 150 calories for the day.

However, for nutrition, you may want to work on improving your protein intake.

Thank u!!! Make sense to me now. Yeah u re right about protein.