In the process of home buying.

Options
13»

Replies

• newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    Oh I thought it was right next to the hillbilly strip club. And that's a good idea for discussion thread that will get disappeared in 3 hours or so: Hillbilly Strip Clubs - Where Are They And Why Aren't There More Of Them?
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Look, I know it’s not my place but I think you and your husband should really weigh the pros and cons here. A few points, the cost of gas is going up and you’re going to be doing a lot of commuting in the outskirts. Second point, you’ve already noted there is nothing to do there. And last and most important, while I have nothing against strip clubs, living beside one is another story. Think about the traffic coming in, the type of people who will be visiting, the increase in trouble, violence, drugs ect. Do you want your children to grow up beside that? I’m not trying to step on your toes. I just know what it feels like to have bought a place and hadn’t really thought it through.

Edited to add. And if you do choose to move, I see nothing wrong with your offer considering the time it has been on the market.
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Look, I know it’s not my place but I think you and your husband should really weigh the pros and cons here. A few points, the cost of gas is going up and you’re going to be doing a lot of commuting in the outskirts. Second point, you’ve already noted there is nothing to do there. And last and most important, while I have nothing against strip clubs, living beside one is another story. Think about the traffic coming in, the type of people who will be visiting, the increase in trouble, violence, drugs ect. Do you want your children to grow up beside that? I’m not trying to step on your toes. I just know what it feels like to have bought a place and hadn’t really thought it through.

Edited to add. And if you do choose to move, I see nothing wrong with your offer considering the time it has been on the market.
    It’s a couple miles away but it’s right beside the kids park. The reason I mention it is because it affects the housing market around it. Otherwise that, it’s a good area just a poor coal mining town but still very nice houses around and good school district. It turns out anyways they still owe that amount they asked to the bank. We thought they were just trying to get more money so we offer 20k more and they still said they couldn’t afford to bring 30k to closing. We told them to let us know if they change their minds and they actually called us today and said they wanted to short sell to avoid foreclosure.
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    They still owe the asking price for the house, so we offered 20k more final offer and they said they couldn’t afford to bring 30k to closing so we said let us know if they change their minds and they called us today and said they wanna short sell the house to us to avoid foreclosure (were the only offer they got) I was wondering do y’all think we could go back to our original offer since now it’ll be an offer to the bank?
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    Also I’m pretty sure the gas station/bar/strip club closed down within the last two weeks. The realtor said they’re selling the place and it hasn’t been opened no lights on or anything.