is this realistic?

i’m 19, 5’3, and 135 lbs. i want to be 125-120 in seven weeks. i plan on eating 2-3 meals a day (realitivrly healthy, no junk food) and having one meal a day as a scoop of chocolate whey pure protein with two cups of almond milk. i plan on walking in the treadmill and doing youtube video workouts. can i reach my goal?

Replies

• sunfastrose
    sunfastrose Posts: 543 Member
    I wouldn't say realistic. Theoretically you could lose 1/2 a pound a week (the max amount you should be aiming to lose with your current weight), but I wouldn't put a calendar date on it. With that little to lose water weight fluctuations can hide any progress.

You can lose weight eating any food, as long as you are within your calorie range. The important element is to be as accurate as you can with counting - that includes using a food scale. But for best adherence, eat foods that taste good to you and keep you satiated, but with healthy elements recommended. You do not need to eat protein powders.
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    i’m 19, 5’3, and 135 lbs. i want to be 125-120 in seven weeks. i plan on eating 2-3 meals a day (realitivrly healthy, no junk food) and having one meal a day as a scoop of chocolate whey pure protein with two cups of almond milk. i plan on walking in the treadmill and doing youtube video workouts. can i reach my goal?

May I ask why exactly 7 weeks? Everyone has a goal and a set deadline but it’s usually within a reasonable time limit.
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Short answer - no.
    Considering your stats, and assuming moderate exercise, your TDEE is @ 2100 cals. Which means you would need to net 1100 cals daily to lose at that pace. Is this possible? I guess it is, if you want to under eat and over exercise for 2 months. But if you manage to do it, you will probably feel like crap for what I assume is a vacation?

Realistically, 0.5lbs per week makes more sense. Focus on strength training, as that will most likely improve your shape more than just losing weight. The visible difference between losing 5 lbs by then and losing 10 lbs won't be worth stressing your body out trying to crash diet. And 10-15 lbs in 7 weeks for someone already on the smaller side IS a crash diet. Just focus on being healthy, and whatever's happening in 7 weeks, have fun :smile:

• Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    No.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,581 Member
    Nope from me, too.