Starting Over

Options
Well I have attempted MFP numerous times but after a month I forget to log in and the. I give up. I am about to turn 50 in a couple months and I am tired of looking at myself when I walk past a store window. I looked back at 2013 when I first started and I was 240 and now I am 260. My spouse thinks that berating me about my weight will help me to lose the lbs but it only makes it worse. My doctor recommended WW but instead of paying all the money I am going to attempt this again but hopefully with support from everyone on here to motivate me. Wish me luck.

Replies

• BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    Doing a friend request. When I got back on MFP I joined the Ultimate Accountability Challenge. It has kept me here and faithfully logging and exercising every single day for four months now. That has NEVER happened before. Be true to yourself. You've got this!!
  • amiskell28
    amiskell28 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Wow, sorry but your spouse sounds like a jerk! I, too, started in 2013. Bit of a yo-yo game, but I'm here to stay this time. 37 lbs to goal!

Also, I sort of bet money against myself on Healthy Wage, so it's real this time! :smiley:

Will send you an invite.
  • slake1236
    slake1236 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Well my splurge is over after today. Monday morning I buckle down and start this lifestyle. I built my menu for tomorrow. I just need to get up and do my walk in the morning.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,942 Member
    Options
    Welcome back....I too have given up many times....I have also deleted many of my accounts on here....We CAN and WILL do this .....Sorry you have an unsupported spouse....Feel free to add me ....would love to support/encourage/cheer you on while you are on your weight loss journey :)
  • CarolinaB4I8
    CarolinaB4I8 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I’ll send you a friend request. I’m a notorious starter and stopper but I have to stick it out this time. I actually battling diabetes now. I need to give and receive support to stay motivated.
  • mollyo94
    mollyo94 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good luck. Will send Friend Request
  • luaP852350
    luaP852350 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Your back that's a great start ! Lots of helpful people on here, good luck 👍