Having trouble hitting your macros

Hello. I am 6‘2“ 202 pounds. I have been working out for two years, about six days a week with a split Routine that takes four days to get through the whole body. I calculated that I need about 3200 cal per day to gained half a pound per week, however I just started it and I’m having trouble getting that many calories. I’m just not hungry enough. Has anyone had a similar experience? I don’t want to eat a bunch of junk that’s going to turn into fat. I’m eating very sensible throughout the day as much as I can including Two protein shakes. Do I need to eat more junk food to hit my numbers or is that going to be worse?

Replies

• MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,816 Member
    If you are gaining, I would not be too picky about where your calories are coming from. You are probably classifying too much as junk. You need to get sufficient protein, but around 25‰ of your total calories should be more than enough. You can split the extra however you choose.

Based on your stats though, it seems like you are already a sufficient weight for your height. A recomp may be more beneficial than a bulk if you still have some body fat to burn.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    This thread can help

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1

Calorie dense items like nuts, nut butters, granola, seeds, bagels, dried fruit, pasta, full fat dairy, meat and fish can boost those calories.

Also provided you are hitting your macros and nutrition, a few treats can help you reach your goals. And to add as long as you are getting enough protein, training properly and keeping your surplus reasonable, even a bunch of junk won't lead to extra fat gain.
  • JLgainz1
    JLgainz1 Posts: 7 Member
    Thank you both! I’ve been reading about it a lot the last 24 hours and this is definitely in line with what I read. Thanks For taking the time to respond!
  • Jerrinladner
    Jerrinladner Posts: 7 Member
    I actually just posted my situation is similar to you I’m suppose to consume 2700 calories a day and to be honest it’s my hardest part. Sometimes I feel sick from eating so much does this pass over time or is it just me?