High Protein Diet

Options
Hey, my doctor recommended a high protein diet. Would love some recipes that are healthy, packed with protein, and are super yummy! There’s only so much over roasted chicken breast I can eat.

Replies

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Hey, my doctor recommended a high protein diet. Would love some recipes that are healthy, packed with protein, and are super yummy! There’s only so much over roasted chicken breast I can eat.

Low fat yogurt, lf cottage cheese, any lean cut of meat. Play around. .... only way to learn. Check out the bulk eaters thread.
  • Spadesheart
    Spadesheart Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Egg white omelettes. A cup of egg whites is 26 grams of protein, add some spinach and mushrooms in there and you're golden. Anything with canned tuna is also great; tuna salad, tuna casserole, tuna cakes, which you'd make just like crab cakes. Easy accessible and cheap, and very very high in protein.

Cottage cheese and greek yogurt are great to work in if you're veggie.

If you want to try protein powder, there are very simple recipes online for protein pancakes as well that are... an acceptable facsimile.
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I’ve recently started cooking with chicken thighs instead of breasts; they taste so much better! Dark meat with more fat and flavor. I marinate in lime juice, olive oil, cumin, and cilantro, pan-fry and chop up for street-taco-style chicken. Recently I put two pounds of chicken thighs and a bunch of maple Dijon sauce in the slow cooker on low for 5.5 hrs and it came out so amazing. I’m definitely getting more protein than I was before because they are just more flavorful than chicken breast.
  • KBClimber
    KBClimber Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I love plain low or non fat yogurt mixed with protein powder. Sounds a bit weird, but packed with protein and you can top it with a bit of granola and fruit and it tastes like dessert