Keto VS macro is it the same? So confused

Options
dwebbqt25
dwebbqt25 Posts: 23 Member
edited April 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
Is Keto and counting macros the same? I am trying to educate myself because I want to count macros... I keep getting Keto diets

Replies

• jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Macros is how carbs, fats, proteins. Whatever percentage you want to ingest of those depends on the kind of diet you want to be on. If you’re very low carb aka keto you want to take in the minimum of carbs and a good amount of fats and protein.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,082 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    If you want to do keto....then carbs will be around 5%...fats around 70 to 75% and protein 20 to 25%
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Counting macros is trackingthe amounts of protein, fat, and carbs you're getting. Keto is a very specific subset of counting macros that sets these percentages at very low carb and higher fat. Why do you want to track macros? Is it just for weight loss?
  • dwebbqt25
    dwebbqt25 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I was getting Keto EVERYTIME I searched macros. So I was concerned because I definitely DO NOT want to do Keto. I am 33 ... 5’5” and I weigh 167... I do strength training at least 3x a week. I do cardio at least 5 days a week. I am clueless on what to eat... I have used calculators but I don’t know if they are correct
  • jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Google IIFYM Instread. If it fits your macros. Should get you away from the keto stuff

Eat basically what you eat now. Just get sufficient protein and be in a reasonable deficit