Summer prep

Options
Sunshinfit
Sunshinfit Posts: 232 Member
This challenge is for anyone trying to lose a few pounds before the first day of summer ( June 21st). It will begin 4/7 but you can join any time. On The first day post your starting weight, goal weight, something that went well and something you could improve on that day to support you reaching your goal. Each day you will post something that went well and something you can work on, and on Sunday you will post you current weight.

Replies

• fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,219 Member
    Options
    This I can do:
    SW: 154.8
    GW: 140
    I got in my workout even though I had No time!
    I need to work on nutrition...its just been a rough few days - food wise :(
  • fourathomej
    Options
    @Sunshinfit How did your day go?
  • Sunshinfit
    Options
    Sorry I didn’t get a chance to post yesterday. Weekends are difficult for sticking with my calories budget. I ended up consuming over 400 more cals then what I am allowed yesterday. On the other hand I was also pretty active. My start weight is 140.8 and goal weight is 130. What I did well is I did not snack before dinner and had a cup of plan peppermint tea instead. What did not go so well is I ate about twice as much dinner as I planned.
  • Sunshinfit
    Options
    Today went well. I decided 140 is a good weight for me to be at. My new focus will be toning up for the summer. I stayed well below my allowed intake and got in plenty of walking. One thing I could improve on is my sugar intake. I loooove sweets and fruit. Something I did well was fitting in a mini leg workout even though I did not have much time for it.
  • Comms0p
    Comms0p Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Can I join? I joined another group similar to this and you have the same goal as I do (sorta) started at 140lbs on April 1st.
    Goal weight: 130-135lbs (with muscle tone)

April 8 - 2019
    weight: 139

I try to workout 4 times a week and have active rest days. I do have at least 1 complete rest day.
    My weaknesses: popcorn, chocolate and pastries.
  • Sunshinfit
    Options
    Yes please do
  • fourathomej
    Options
    @Sunshinfit Nice that your feel good at your weight...I'm waiting for that!!!
    @Comms0p Welcome aboard!! So with ya on the popcorn and pastries and don't even talk to me about Cinnamon buns...yikes!

Yesterday was a better day...It was a rest day, needed it! Just not sleeping well past few nights.
    What I did well? Hmmmm...I made dinner...it was good...lol
    Need to work on night snacking...I always seem to gravitate towards food at night. I don't mind at all if I stick to healthier food or only have 1 serving. So that is my goal at the moment.

Slept better last night so that's a huge plus! Today is BodyPump and League Bowling tonight.
  • Comms0p
    Options
    APRIL 9-2019
    I slept well (had night shift) Woke up and drank my 2 cups of BCAAs before coffee (getting used to that routine and no crash after) I am still within my calorie and macro intake. Usually consider this (2nd night shift) as my complete rest day. I have no time in between for a quick workout. I basically wake up, get kids from school, cook supper, pack my food and head into work. I do need to rest though, as I can still feel yesterday's workout! Chest is kinda tight.
  • Sunshinfit
    Options
    I stayed just barely under my allowed intake. Candy at work didn’t help. I got in plenty of walking again today but not much other activity. Still need to work on my sugar intake.
  • nikkibrianne64
    nikkibrianne64 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hello! I want to start!
    SW:146
    He:135
    Yesterday I had a rest day and slept well. Today I will resist any sweets that are on the table at work. :)
  • fourathomej
    Options
    @nikkibrianne64 Welcome!!!

Did well: under calories...stuck to plan!
    Work on: today nothing...it was a good day!!!

Tomorrow is dentist. I've broken the same back molar 3 times now. It's getting pulled in the morning!!!😭
  • Comms0p
    Options
    April 10th - Leg day
    Slept a few hours then went on to the gym. Workout was longer than I expected, but felt great. Love leg days. Don't usually do much around the house just basic stuff. Was below my calorie intake and near perfect macro accountability! Although it said my projected weight would be like 175lbs in 5 days...??🤔
  • fourathomej
    Options
    @nikkibrianne64 @commsop @Sunshinfit How was everyone's day!!!
  • fourathomej
    Options
    Mine not great...tooth pulled. Not fun. Can't really eat a ton. Jaw is killing me...no workout.

Tomorrow will be better....hope you all had a great day!!
  • Comms0p
    Options
    @nikkibrianne64 @commsop @Sunshinfit How was everyone's day!!!

Today was non stop. Back Day and some abs, still under my caloric intake - gotta get a snack in before I close my log. Took dog for 5k walk - still chilly! Brrr, trying to shake off the chill still.

Thanks for asking! 😊
  • Comms0p
    Options
    Mine not great...tooth pulled. Not fun. Can't really eat a ton. Jaw is killing me...no workout.

Tomorrow will be better....hope you all had a great day!!

Oooh sounds like an uncomfortable day! And that's true, the next can only get better! You rest and take care of your pain management, still looong ways before summer!
  • Comms0p
    Options
    April 12. Good day. Shoulders done and calves. Different exercises then what I'm used to but love the change up. Went over calories but exercise countered that by a few: I try not to let that happen though.
  • fourathomej
    Options
    @Comms0p I try and stay out of my exercise calories as well. I started calorie cycling a few weeks ago and it sure has been nice.

Jaw is still sore...to add on to my luck. When they pulled my back molar they noticed the one in front if it is cracked too...uuuhhhggg...

Anyway....today we went for a hike. 135 minutes - with too much elevation. My legs are jello. That is it for my day....lol
  • nikkibrianne64
    Options
    Last couple days I've done well! I thought I logged yesterday but maybe I forgot.

April 13: I did fantastic with eating. I'm trying very hard to include green veggies at every meal/snacking. Remembered to take my vitamins, and did house work all day to stay active
  • nikkibrianne64
    Options
    How's everyone weekend going? It may snow here in Chicago land today! 😊