Broken 9 day streak

darren_85
darren_85 Posts: 17 Member
I’d completed 9 days of > 1500 calories net (I allowed myself to eat exercise surplus)

I managed to lose 0.8KG and it felt like a genuine loss, my stomach was certainly flatter.

Last night I was due to go out for an Indian meal and it was all preordered by someone else so I didn’t get to choose. Therefore I decided to fast all day to save my calories.

I tried to really limit what I was eating but the main issue was we started drinking early on and so calories for alcohol over a long period of time really added up - I will bear this in mind in future.

I ended with 1300 over and feel deflated today.

I’m hoping I haven’t completely screwed up my loss. I’m not weighing again until midweek.

Back on plan today

Replies

• megaperson1015
    megaperson1015 Posts: 4 Member
    You got this! Those extra calories won't set you back if you keep moving forward with consistency. I'm on day 20-something and really noticing how I would've binged SO many more times in this period if I weren't tracking. You're doing great by tracking and noticing your trouble areas. You Got This!!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    As a man you shouldn't be aiming for less than 1500 calories - that's the minimum recommended amount for a short, sedentary male. Additionally one day of going over is going to have little to no impact in the long term.

To gain a pound (0.45kg) you'd have to eat 3500 calories above your maintenance intake. So being 1300 over your calorie goal for loss isn't going to "screw up your loss". You may just see some water weight from the change in macros and sodium.

I highly suggest that you read up the stickies and learn to lose weight in a sustainable manner, because you're setting yourself up for failure by undereating.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

• solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    You'll be up a couple of days from the sodium but it'll drop right back off. You are fine - stay the course.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!