Effect of consistently high fat diet?

Options
NadNight
NadNight Posts: 794 Member
In terms of macro ratios rather than massively overeating.

I’ve recently been trying to incorporate more nuts and seeds into my diet which combined with things like oil, eggs and butter which i don’t shy away from but don’t use in excess means my macro ratio of fat is often pushing 50%.

I’ve seen arguments both for and against high and low carb or protein amounts. Of course large amounts of sat fats are proven to not be great but provided a person isn’t massively overeating, are there any known impacts of having a higher (mixed sat and unsat) fat diet?

Replies

• NCGOALIEMOM
    NCGOALIEMOM Posts: 80 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I count my macros by grams. Fat is my lowest at 65g per day. Protein and carbs are at 130g each. Keep in mind every fat gram is more than double the calories of a protein or carb. So while you can eat more fat in a healthy way, to stay in a caloric deficit, you are going to be consuming way less food.
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I started on a higher fat diet for my extremely dry skin. I eat more fatty fish and avocados than anything else and I’ve seen the biggest difference in the moisture in my skin. That’s after 3/4months of increased fat that I finally saw some relief.