supplements

Hi there

My boyfriend and I are looking for some advice. He would like to know what are the best maximuscle type shakes and protein shakes for a man and I would like female help too.

We are in UK so helpful if brands were available in uk please.

What does everyone use?? Is there certain onesbest for certain exercises???

Thanks

Replies

• Hello,

Personally i use:

Morning:
    Cod liver oil
    multi vitamin
    Vit D

Breakfast Shake:
    ON Oats and Whey

Throughout the day i use BSN Hypershred (new to this so havent seen results yet)

Pre-workout/throughout day: Creatine

After workout: Protein shake (ON or PHD) + Glucosamine

James
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Protein shakes are just food. It's a way to help you reach your daily protein targets if you struggle to get there from solid food alone. There is no difference between requirements for a man or a woman.

If you are looking for a basic protein supplement then whey is the cheapest and widest available. Online UK stores such as Bulkpowders.co.uk and myprotein.com are very good value.

I would avoid high street places such as Holland & Barrett as they are overpriced.

In terms of flavour, it's a case of trial and error and finding what you like best. However, most people would choose chocolate as a fail safe flavour choice.
  • Thanks for help :)
  • BEEUK
    BEEUK Posts: 113
    i would avoid creatine, unless your target is to increase your muscle and lose bf% to that of a female athlete.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/buffmother1.htm

PHD Diet whey is pretty good, it contains CLA and L-Carnitine, green tea extract and Flaxseed. It's a good all rounder.

Amazon sells it for 20 nicker, cheapest one I have used that i have seen results from.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,069 Member
    no difference between male and female. i quite like optimum nutrition - they usually have offers on and the stuff is quite nice. phd is really nice but a bit on the pricey side - same with maximuscle.

both PHD and ON do sample sizes for around £1 so you can see if you like them first :)
  • choijanro
    choijanro Posts: 754 Member
    Me is i use MP Cla Core, MP Carnitine Core & MP shred matrix for pre workout and i use ON Gold standard whey protein extreme milk chocolate or moccha cappucino flavor for post workout,,