Treadmill recommendations

Options
Hi all- after searching for treadmill recommendations on here I haven’t really found what I am looking for. The last treadmill I had I bought used and about every 20 miles or so it would tell me I needed to oil the deck. For sure that was too often, but then the process of having to loosen the deck to oil under it and then retighten was a total pain! Plus I never could get it exactly straight.
So- what I am looking for is a treadmill that will be good for my jogging/walking every day, usually about two-three miles. I don’t need it to be super fancy, but if I have to oil it I am hoping I don’t have to loosen or tighten the deck.
Anyone have any suggestions? Anyone have experience with any of the ones Costco sells?
Thx much!

Replies

• marikaCL
    marikaCL Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I have a Nordictrack x9i. Is a great treadmill but is a giant beast.
  • auzziecawth
    auzziecawth Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I just got a horizon. Its a pretty decent machine. I did have to loosen the belt to put the oil on but it was really easy to do and to get back in place properly. The biggest problem I have with it the app it’s suppose to pair with doesn’t work but if you don’t want to use it for that it doesn’t matter much
  • figyello
    figyello Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend a commercial grade treadmill, with a larger motor. The kind from the regular stores are so flimsy. We use ours every day and it has been reliable for years.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,681 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    i have a Nordictrack. I don't use it every day since I prefer to be outside if at all possible. I only use it about 50-100 days a year for runs of 5-20 miles. I've owned it for about 14 months and have never oiled it. The previous one, also NT, I owned for about 5 years and never oiled. It wasn't the belt that failed.