Grocery store victories/NSVs

Options
I had a couple victories this weekend, including a few while grocery shopping yesterday.

-Originally put cake mix and icing in my cart to make some cupcakes as a treat. After walking around for a little while, and talking it over with my boyfriend, we decided to do ice cream floats instead (with smaller portions, as cupcakes as easy to overeat). Then when we got to the ice cream isle, I decided to get halo top and also went with coke zero. What could have easily turned into 244 calories per cupcake (and lets be honest I would have probably eaten 5-6) ended up being 320 calories total with some protein in there :smile: It totally satisfied my craving, I was under my daily calories, and I am guilt-free today.

Anyone else have any NSVs this weekend?

Happy monday to all !

Replies

• lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    My grocery store victory was finding 6 packages of guacamole makes down to .99¢ each. They freeze well. Love sticking my freezer.

A non-grocery nsv is that I completed the same 10 mile hike that I did in January but shaved an hour off my moving time. I'm getting faster! 🙂
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    @lalalacroix omg! an entire hour? that is amazing. great job!!
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    Grocery store victory: My grocery store i go to thats further because they dont have bulk bins of chocolates, Well they finally got the bulk bins of chocolates. I walk to the far one because i can never quite convince self not to get a little -And a little when taken from a bulk bin in a lil baggy obviously i get more thn i should have so i dont feel stupid at the cashier with like 2 right -fat minded me lol- Well today i managed to shake it off and ignore the bins. And i didnt even need to get another treat to make up for it. And i got in a solid 12k steps before breakfast :P
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    My grocery store had $1 extra large avocados and I think I actually got enough to last me for the week this time.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    My grocery store had $1 extra large avocados and I think I actually got enough to last me for the week this time.

That's a good deal. Avocados are always expensive in my area. Lately I've been able to get bags of mini avocados for about $3-4. They are so little and fit better into my calories allotment much easier.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options

That's a good deal. Avocados are always expensive in my area. Lately I've been able to get bags of mini avocados for about $3-4. They are so little and fit better into my calories allotment much easier.

I usually only use 1/4 at a time because they are so big. I usually get like 200-240g out of one avocado. I'm making wraps this week with avocado as the "meat" so it doesn't take up too many calories from being an extra.
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    @JaydedMiss that’s awesome! I always want to get the white chocolate covered pretzels from the bulk bins . I can’t even go near them anymore !