HIT walk 4 Week

Options
Has anyone ever tried this walk HIT program.

Replies

• sharondesfor935
    sharondesfor935 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Melolson14 wrote: »
    Has anyone ever tried this walk HIT program.

The one that MFP just put up on their blog yesterday or today? Not yet, but I'm looking at it fairly seriously. I've always been a steady-state exerciser (well, when I'm actually exercising. Which I'm finally doing again.) I've been on the treadmill for three months and am dying of boredom, so I looked it over and I'm intrigued. Before incorporating it, I'm trying to figure out how to jigger it since I just added indoor cycling three days a week and I don't want to lose those days because Spring Is Almost Here! And I want to get outside on my bike. A lot. But the posted schedule has plenty of rest days, so I'm deciding if I can just cycle on those days, or if I have to remove a walking day from each week's plan.

Hmm. Am I overthinking this?
  • Melolson14
    Melolson14 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I’m thinking of adding it. But I need to add it slowly but to just getting back intO working out.
  • sharondesfor935
    sharondesfor935 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Oh, I'm with you there! I started exercising again in January after a many-year hiatus. Midwestern winters being what they are, I just got on a treadmill and puffed my way through a flat 3mph walk three days a week until I wasn't puffing anymore. Then I started increasing the incline slightly and the speed slightly over a couple of months. Three months later, I can proudly manage 4mph at varying incline of 2%-4% grade, and I've taken it outdoors now that everything isn't so waterlogged from the snow melt. I even throw in a couple of one-minute jogs (not faster, just different movement) once or twice a week. So maybe I'm ready for this HIIT program? But like I said before, I just dusted off my bicycle and started riding that a few days a week, and I'm going to need to juggle the walk days with riding days and rest days. And still keep trying to begin a tiny bit of strength training. And somewhere in there I need to work on my pathetic flexibility. Darn it, can we move to a ten-day week?