At what stage off weight loss should i start toning?

Options
Almost half way through 13lbs down 1stone 1 lbs. to go, I've been doing this slow and steady it wins the race right?

Just wondered at what stage people start thinking off toning, I do not want to look like someone has hovered fat away and left saggy bum and undefined tummy and legs, I do not want to be huge but keep a nice shape, I’m not afraid to start lifting as from people on here i can see on here it won’t give me a manish figure

Just wondered when you guys started to think it was time to define the body you have worked hard to achieve?

Thanks in advance

Replies

• PennyHarris123
    PennyHarris123 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    start lifting straight away, you won't regret it....
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    The general answer to this question when it's been asked before is 'you should have started weeks ago'. As soon as you can, basically.
  • delyn356
    delyn356 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Start incorporating strength exercises into your workout routine now! If you're in a calorie deficit, you won't gain muscle but you will be able to gain strength & preserve muscle mass. It'll help you from losing a lot of muscle and help prevent you from looking skinny but flabby.
  • fatzant
    fatzant Posts: 40
    Options
    best get my slowly shrinking but down the gym and get some 1 -2 - 1 lessons to get me started!
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Yesterday...and Yesterday's yesterday. Muscle burns fat.
  • fatzant
    fatzant Posts: 40
    Options
    Yesterday...and Yesterday's yesterday. Muscle burns fat.

then I need more off them now :bigsmile:
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Now. This minute.:wink:
  • helenrosemay
    helenrosemay Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Does lunges, squats, leg lifts, using tins of beans as weights for arm lifts count as toning. I can't afford to go to the gym so have been doing these. I'm not bothered about getting really muscley, but want to be toned.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    You should have started already.. It's never too soon. GET BUSY!