30 Day Shred Muscle Sore!

Options
So I started the 30DS 2 days ago which makes me at day 3 now. I had a sore yesterday it was bad. I tried to massage my thighs and arms with some muscle sore cream and I thought it will be all gone by tomorrow, BUT IT DIDN'T. In fact, I woke up this morning because of my right thigh twitching -_-
It hurts so much I'm not even exaggerating I know this is happening because I never done squats, push ups or sit ups lol.

The problem is that tonight is one of my friends wedding and I have to wear heels and dance haha. I should walk properly at least. Seriously I look ridicules walking around with this painn all over my legs.

Now what I need to know from you guys is should I do todays session of the workout? (I'm not sure if I can)
Also, any suggestions on how do I decrease the pain and stop the twitching?
It's 12 PM here now so I have the whole day to fix the problem. Hopefully it will heal before 8pm :/

Replies

• Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    If its just like an achey sore, it may even help..I know if I do a workout while achey sore, it actually helps it...but if its proper ' ouch I can't walk or sit on the loo' sore then I'd skip it and take some ibuprofen.
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Skip it today. Do stretches instead for an hour or so. Take some creatine, BCAAs, protein, and ibuprofen. Ice, ice, ice.
  • ckouchii
    ckouchii Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    hmm I'm a little confused here.. I heard hot showers or sawna helps relaxing the muscles, some others say ice will calm it down.. I don't know anymore
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Heat is great, but when muscles are freshly sore they need cold. Muscles get inflamed when they are sore. The cold (and ibuprofen) will help to control the inflammation.
    Heat is more soothing. It is best to use heat after you don't feel swollen anymore but still feel sore.
    If you use heat on freshly sore muscles it will increase inflammation.
  • nicole060308
    nicole060308 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    same thing happened to me 2 days after i started. i took day 3 off. on day 4 after i got home from work i felt much better and i continued it.
    listen to your body. have a rest day ;) just keep at it and it gets easier i promise. im on day 8 or 9 of the 30ds
  • TreddersPT
    TreddersPT Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Skip a day if you're so sore you feel like you can't do the workout to the best of your abilities, there's no point getting injured by pushing through.
    I ached pretty badly too when I first started and tended to do two days in a row followed by a rest day, until the pain got more manageable.
    Try an anti inflammatory to help you through today and have fun at your friends wedding.
    ps... dancing is also GREAT exercise :-D
  • mayonie1
    mayonie1 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I did 30day shred too started yesterday...my thighs are a little bit sore too :wink:

47516265.png