Clothing sizes - transition

Options
emmies_123
emmies_123 Posts: 513 Member
Random question time, as I need some reinforcement in either direction.

I needed to go shopping for new clothes and bought about 5 pairs of shorts in my current size.

Stats: 5'3", 29 year old. Current weight = 132.5-134.5 depending on the day

Background:
-I have lost 10 lbs over the last year. Weight has since hit a stall, but I'm ok with where I'm at. I did not go down a single pant size with the lbs lost.

-Goal weight is 5 less than where I'm at, but I am also happy with how I look in a mirror now so if I never break the stall out I'm ok.

-Current exercise is a mix of Cardio and Strength (arm weights and body strength), 30 mins a day.

Questions:

-I want to try a 4 week core strength program. Without changing my diet further, is this likely to change my waistline?

-Should I return some of the shorts anyway? That sounds like a lot, but they were all so comfortable and I had none that fit me previously...If I don't change waist sizes those shorts will last me years.

-One size smaller felt incredibly tight and created rolls in my abdomen. Not sure how much I would have to lose to fit in those, or if genetically I just can't.

Replies

• Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Keep what fits you and feels comfortable now. Cut out the tags or rub them off!

Random...I have a pair of shorts that are a North American size small and also labeled a Japanese size large...fun fact!
  • emmies_123
    emmies_123 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Yes, I wish our sizes were more like men's pants. Just know the inches on waist and length, not this "S/M/L" or "I'm a 10 in this but a 14 in that"
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    emmies_123 wrote: »
    Yes, I wish our sizes were more like men's pants. Just know the inches on waist and length, not this "S/M/L" or "I'm a 10 in this but a 14 in that"

Right!!
    And the North American flattery sizing
    ... Its ridiculous, sizes just keep getting bigger. Or smaller and smaller...wtf is a double xxsmall?

100% should be based on tape measure measurements