healthy evening snacks

Options
HI, I'm just starting, week two, and am feeling very positive. Anyone have healthy snack ideas for the evening? I have a sweet and salt tooth, just FYI.
Thanks! Sue

Replies

• Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    meh for the longest time i had a snack size bag of cheetos. healthy is over rated, i hit all my nutrional needs during the day. i like carbs before bed.

but currently i often have more than 100 calories to fill and need to increase fat/protein so I have yogurt (either 0%, 2% or 4%) with some protein cereal. small bowl (i think it's 150-180 cal usually)
  • tinatoodles80
    tinatoodles80 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Popcorn, carrots and hummus, dried snap peas, chocolate rice cakes are a few go to snacks for me. I always get a little nibbly before bed.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Whatever helps you fill whatever you are lacking from your day should be considered heathly in the context of the day/week. So if you are short fat, carbs, sodium, protein, vitamins, minerals, eat something containing those things to make your overal diet healthier for the day
  • smms0714
    smms0714 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    My favorite is a bowl of Wheaties with reduced sugar almond milk. I also like rice cakes with peanut butter. Bananas and almonds are a pretty regular snack for me as well. :)
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    I am usually a fan of 2% cottage cheese with some cinnamon added. 90 calories per 4oz serving and 10g of protein. Sometimes I will also have a citrus fruit like an orange.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I have chocolate or ice cream, weighed out to fit within whatever calories I have left for the day. My mental health is important, too!
  • whitfcan
    whitfcan Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Fresh strawberries with whipped cream does the trick for me! The whipped cream is sugar free. 😊
  • deblcar
    deblcar Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup fresh raspberries and 2 Dove dark chocolate or thinly sliced Pink Lady or Honey Crisp apple sprinkled with apple pie spice.