vvww88 Posts: 21 Member
What’s your take?
What’s your go to roll? (Healthiest?)

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I had it this weekend. I don't worry about "healthiest" because they all have nutrients I need. I am particularly fond of the spider roll but you might be concerned about the soft shell crab being fried. I don't worry about such things as long as they fit in my calorie goals.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Love sushi. It can certainly be part of a healthy weight loss diet.

If you are trying to get lower calorie rolls, try to avoid tempura rolls that have seafood that is battered and fried, along with rolls with too many sauces.

The rainbow roll is a good one if you are looking for a simple but flavorful roll.

Personally I love chirashi, which is a selection of the chefs pick of sashimi, on top of a bed of sushi rice. Good sushi restaurants usually offer it.
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Super yay! 💗 🍣 my favorite food.
    Sushi , sashimi ...

My go to sushi -
    Ikura gunkun
    Sake toro
    Hamachi
    Anago or Unagi
    Sawara
    Tai
    Iwashi

• thenewkayla
    thenewkayla Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Following because I love 🍣
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    My favorite is spicy tuna.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    I love Sushi and have it probably 2-3 times a month. I just plan ahead to make sure that it fits in with my meal plan. My go-to's are the basics, Tuna Roll and Salmon Roll. I'll also sometimes do an Eel Roll or Spicy Tuna/Salmon Roll, but they are a bit more calorie dense. Right now I'm doing a low carb diet, so I just stick to Sashimi.
  • GoodLardy
    GoodLardy Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Yaaaayyyyyy!!!! All the rolls!
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Goodness gracious I love sushi. I love the AAC - which is avocado, asparagus, cucumber. My other favs are spicy crab roll and shrimp tempura roll. There is a shrimp tempura specialty roll at my fav sushi place that also has avocado layered on top...mmmmmm!
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Love sushi. Don't really have a fav. I don't eat sushi with shrimp cause I'm allergic but otherwise I'm open to pretty much any sushi.
  • texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I love it all!
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    I’m the only “Nay”.
    I have never tried it because I have never liked rice.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Gross
    I tried eating sardines right out of the can once. I puked it all out. So it's a big no
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I think I'm the only person who hates sushi in my social circles. Not wasting my calories on that.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    I love sushi. I prefer nigiri to rolls, and toro has got to be my favorite.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY HELL YAY ...i think i wanna go get sushi for lunch now...Generally california roll is best for calories around here but im a sucker for salmon
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I don't like sushi. More for you all. ;)
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    I dont get it much because a single crappy grocery store roll is around 12$ when for 117$ i can go get lunch all i can eat sushi and other stuff at the sushi place around here. I cant bring self to pay that much for crappy roll and i obviously cant go to all i can eat very often xD
  • etherealanwar
    etherealanwar Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I loooove sushi! My favorites are the Sunday Morning roll which is pretty unhealthy as it is deep fried...and the sweet potato roll. Last year I ate sushi way too often....so my sushi craze has died down quite a bit since then.
  • julesdechaine
    julesdechaine Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I hate sushi. Hate it, hate it, hate it. HOWEVER, Rock N Roll Sushi just opened down the street from me, and my boyfriend and I have been there at least 3-4 times in the last month and I haven't eaten a bad thing there yet. Sushi rolls that I have had at other places just don't compare to this place.
    I lived in Japan for several years, as well, and just never liked it, no matter who made it.