Going from big and happy to Just fantastic!

Options
My name is Michael Pearson and just a few months ago I weighted in at 400 pounds. I have started my weight loss journey thinking I would need surgery to get it off and keep it off. I hope that I am wrong, but I am in a program to have the surgery in 4 to 6 months. I have been trying to get the weight off for my daughter's wedding in May, and to have a happier and healthier life. I am proud to say that some of the weight is gone and is not coming back. I weighed in today at 363, loss of 37 pounds. I look forward to going back to see my doctor to find out what he thinks about my weight loss. Because I am trying so hard to do this right this time my wife is very happy. I have been making all the food for every meal, because I want it measured everything and packed up, ready to go if I need to take food with me. It also means I have been cleaning the kitchen every day because I have found I like having a clean kitchen to work in. She is feeling like a little princess and I am glad that I can do that for her.
My wife and I walked across America in 2014 to raise money and awareness for the homeless. We walked from Port Hueneme California all the way to South Beach New York. It was a journey that God gave me to do and that my wife did not want me to do alone. She was a great partner to have, she pushed me every time I felt like I could not go any more. We walked across 15 states and saw amazing thing and even better we met amazing people. God blessed us the whole walk and showed up every time we needed Him. If you would like to read about it check our facebook page WALK 3000 MILES IN THEIR SHOES. I lost 100 pounds on that journey and here is my picture form before and after.You would think after walking 15 miles a day that I would be slim and trim, but you would be wrong. I lost the weight in the first 3 months of our walk then did not loss any weight after that. When I returned home the weight came back fast because I was not walking 15 miles a day. When I saw that I was bigger thin when we started the walk I was very upset. I am right now 2 pounds under what I weighed when I started the walk.
It is going to be a long road and I hope that some of you will join me as I again put one foot in front of the other, leaving bad habits and fat behind me.

t9bjdez32370.jpg
7la0nou9nm4l.jpg

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    As I hope you now know, exercising doesn't guarantee weight loss. You need a calorie deficit. Just keep logging your food and drink and do try to move more. You'll feel better with exercise and when you've lost the weight, you'll look better. Congratulations on your weight loss so far. Just keep on.
  • froggerman2
    froggerman2 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks Snowflake hope all is well with you.