IDEAS WANTED

IDEAS NEEDED... What services would you pay for (Example: Somebody to walk your dog, look after you house while your away, Cleaning your house)

Replies

• NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    I personally would pay for an organizer. once a month to organize how things should be put aside and stored. cleaning once a month or once every two months i'd pay for...for a deep clean kind of thing.
  • I s'pose house cleaning. I've never paid anyone to look after my house when we're gone. I have friends who like to do that for free just because it's a mini vaca for them.
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    o_O

I have forgotten all the words.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    1) wash car (including vacuum) once a month
    2) clean apt
    3) do laundry (i don't own a washer dryer, i hate hoofing it to laundry facility)
    4) also a work out partner- not a trainer, per se, but someone to just keep me focused and on schedule on the stacks. In a way, I already do that for cycling with my club dues. Its been awesome so far.

In an apt. complex, I thought a kid could make a killing offering to take people's trash to the compactor for $0.25 or so.

Whatever it is, market the hell out of it. Facebook page, get free business cards from vistaprint
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    I'd pay for someone to go to work for me
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    I'd pay for someone to go to work for me
    someone actually did that. He outsourced his job to China. I think he was consulting for Verizon or something.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    I pay someone to clean my house twice a month. It's worth every penny to me to have someone do the deep cleaning for me.

I have a pet sitting business and work for a dog training business and I can tell you that there is a big market out there for both jobs.
  • furry226
    furry226 Posts: 31
    Doing peoples washing and ironing thats a great idea!
  • trubs182
    trubs182 Posts: 146 Member
    Someone to file all my paperwork (bills, bank statements, work-related stuff).

I have a cupboard into which all paperwork goes......... never to be found again.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    People giving me ideas.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    I'm having a house cleaner come in for the first time ever just before some family comes to visit.

And I also pay for pet sitting services for my cat whenever I go away for more than 2-3 days. he's much happier being at home so the sitter comes to my house.
  • A mommy assistant. As a father of two young children ages 1 month and 19 months, it would be nice to have someone that could show up for a couple of hours every day, or every other day, and do (or help with) anything and everything that needs to be done, plus it would be a benefit to my wife to have another adult to speak to rather than just the babies all day.
  • cbendorf13
    cbendorf13 Posts: 87 Member
    Check out Care.com - has a lot of what has been suggested here. Don't really like paying for a subscription to this service, but I have. If something like this isn't in your area you could probably get it going.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    My dad once told me he new a homeless guy who would off someone for a bottle of wine. I could afford that.
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    People giving me ideas.

One of these days you will rule the world
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Back in the day sandwiches used to get made free, no questions asked.

How much for your sandwich service?