Feet ankles water weight reduction, fit my shoes again, so happy.

Options
Nerys52
Nerys52 Posts: 86 Member
Had severe flu in march lost mostly water weight. Then regained some water again then started weightloss first days april. I lost my appetite and taste for many foods with the flu. My ankles feet have been with water many years due to severe heart failure. During the flu being in bed water shifted out of them being horizontal. I was amazed that after years I had slim feet slim ankles again this lasted few days. I have now again slim feet slim ankles. Yesterday I visited my GP for a checkup after the flu. He too was very surprised in that I fit my shoes again. These are my shoes I wear also to hospital and GP in the 1980s and back then I was way less big.I told my GP now without appetite ,some motivation,
I started counting calories again.He said is a good opportunity to take advantage of to get some weight off. He knows is very difficult for me to lose weight as I am at home. Heart can not cope with exercise is too risky. He did say to watch my nutrition and I know this from before also. With HF any major illness good nutrition is important. I have also ascites so water in the belly and that is way more difficult to remove. I have to see my cardiologist and my pacemaker technician but hospitals are very busy here. GP was going to call himself get me seen earlier. I hope to be able to keep water down in feet and ankles so my cardiologist and pacemaker technician can see the miracle.

Replies

• neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I have lost over 30 kg (67 pounds) so far and I can wear my wedding band again! So happy.
  • Dollydimples1014
    Dollydimples1014 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Fabulous 😃
  • Daisy_Girl2019
    Daisy_Girl2019 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry. My father in law went through CHF also. It was a heart breaking 2 years. All I can say is follow everything your cardiologist tells you. It can be controlled, but takes so much will power to do so. My father in law never listened to his Dr.
    When my father in law started to show symptoms, I knew it right away he had CHF and he knew it too since he's a Dr. Finally convice his to see a cardiologist, but he never follow through their advice.
  • Nerys52
    Nerys52 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss. Yes CHF is like that and very tiring. My main motivation was seeing my daughter get to 18.
  • ghfull
    ghfull Posts: 10 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!