Daily Victories - What are you Proud of Today?

Options
daneejela
daneejela Posts: 461 Member
edited April 2019 in Motivation and Support
Most of us know what we need to do in order to lose weight, get fit or increase the quality of life. But many of us, also get trapped in perfectionism or get stuck in the "on-track" - "off-track" cycles because it's hard to maintain everything we committed to. It's so easy to focus on our daily failures and get discouraged over time.

Inspired by Just for today thread, I thought it could be helpful to have a thread to share our daily victories, whether it's a marathon or 10 mins of walk. No commitments, no expectations, no failures, just a simple act of writing - I did something awesome today. By awesome I mean on every single thing that you did to make your life a bit better and a bit healthier. It could be eating veggies with your usual lunch, a walk, a movie watched without snacks, a holiday without binge, going to gym, walking up early, etc. It doesn't have to be only fitness related, it can be reaching out to a friend, learning something new, spending quality time with family, asking for raise..anything you feel a bit proud of doing :)

I think that listing small successes can boost our self-esteem and give us the courage to tackle harder challenges.

The great victory, which appears so simple today, was the result of a series of small victories that went unnoticed. P. Coelho

Replies

• charlenekemp07
    charlenekemp07 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I ran 4km on the treadmill today 😁😁
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Today I've just gone to work :smile:. But yesterday at my gym they did a boxing clinic taught by a former pro fighter, who is the son of one of the worlds all time great boxers (Roberto Duran). And at one point I had to demonstrate with my my punching so he could show the class how to do the blocking. And he complimented me on how good my jab was. So that was pretty cool.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    I went for a walk at the mall even though it is snow/raining/icing/slushing all kinds of ways outside. Fortunately it is only a 2min drive away.
  • OrangeBlossomSpecial21
    Options
    MikePTY wrote: »
    Today I've just gone to work :smile:. But yesterday at my gym they did a boxing clinic taught by a former pro fighter, who is the son of one of the worlds all time great boxers (Roberto Duran). And at one point I had to demonstrate with my my punching so he could show the class how to do the blocking. And he complimented me on how good my jab was. So that was pretty cool.

No mas! But seriously, that’s awesome
  • SoaringOccamy
    SoaringOccamy Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I guess the thing I'm proud of today was the fact that I am going to be away from home and I packed foods that are in my calories instead of taking the excuse to get junk food. It's not much but it is an effort so I am willing to give myself a pat n the back for it. :smile:
  • daneejela
    Options
    My tiny victories:
    - I got up early
    - I've read two short articles in French
    - I've stayed within calory plan
    - I handled well pancakes my MIL surpriced me with (I've stayed with my plan, left pancakes for breakfast)
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    I fit afternoon tea and cocktails into my daily calories :drinker:

Ultimate win! 🍸
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    mumzy98 wrote: »
    Saying no when offered some of my favourite junk foods.. I could have easily just have accepted them but I knew I would regret it. And making myself do my daily exercises even though I’m feeling really crappy :s Small victories lol

Sounds like a big victory to me!
    Saying no is the hardest!
    And doing exercise when you dont even want to is even harder!
    Well done!
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    I sorted out a game of football for Monday (and got everyone to pay their damn fee on time for once!)
  • daneejela
    Options
    I am proud that even though I haven't been losing weight in the last few weeks, I am NOT giving up, I will keep chugging along and if I still haven't lost in a few more weeks I will revisit my calorie intake/output. In the meantime I am enjoying my new, improved fitness levels and feeling great about starting up a 5k training program :)

I think it's a pretty big victory! It's easy to stay motivated while we are loosing, but sooner or later (at least in maintenance) we need to face these weeks with no change in scale, and I think how we face those times is a game changer.
  • daneejela
    Options
    mumzy98 wrote: »
    Saying no when offered some of my favourite junk foods.. I could have easily just have accepted them but I knew I would regret it. And making myself do my daily exercises even though I’m feeling really crappy :s Small victories lol

Great call! Sounds like you're doing great!
  • Yivs_87
    Yivs_87 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    First time I've managed to keep accurate track of my calories during a business trip and stay under my goal. I even worked out at the hotel.
  • daneejela
    Options
    Today, I am proud of:
    - logging food
    - staying in deficit
    - reading French