Socks the Poll: first or last

Options
pizzamyheart
pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
Do you put your socks on after everything? Or do you put them on first, because they are technically “underclothes” type of thing? What kind of person are you? Socks first or last? Or maybe you put them on sometime in between the underwear and the pants? What’s your order of dress?

Replies

• pizzamyheart
    Options
    I put mine on last. After the pants.
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    interesting...never ever thought to put them on anything but last...than shoes as I'm walking out the door
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    I literally never do it the same way twice. What is the matter with me that I cannot seem to form routines?!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    In the winter, I put on my socks immediately after I bathe because my feet are cold. Then I put pj's/robe on for a half hour before getting dressed in actual clothes. So I guess they're technically "first".

The rest of the year, I rarely wear socks, but when I do...I put them on "last" right before shoes.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Fun fact: if you've got athlete's foot, socks first to prevent spreading to one's genital area
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Fun fact: if you've got athlete's foot, socks first to prevent spreading to one's genital area

And you discovered this....
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Usually before pants, otherwise my feet get stuck. Socks slip through easier since my pants are so tight.
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options

You can’t spell “fungus” without “fun”! :D
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Socks second, after underwear. I have dogs = no carpets = cold floors. I hate cold feet.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Socks second, after underwear. I have dogs = no carpets = cold floors. I hate cold feet.
    exactly!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Undie things, then shirt, then trousers, then socks, then shoes, then any other accoutrements.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options
    Socks.. last.
  • Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Any old which way. I'm not good at routines, either.
  • pizzamyheart
    Options

That’s exactly why I quit dangling my dingle with my feet!
  • pizzamyheart
    Options

Do you walk around in underwear and socks then? If I’m waking around in underwear I’m not usually wearing socks
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options

Do you walk around in underwear and socks then? If I’m waking around in underwear I’m not usually wearing socks

Dog hairs on socks 😐

crocs & socks ftw
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    I don't put on socks until am ready to put on shoes. And unless I am wearing sneakers or boots. I seldom wear socks. I almost never wear them around the house, and I cannot sleep with them on my feet.
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    Both. In the morning I put them on first. Before bed I wash and lotion my feet then put a clean pair on.
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    I don't like putting on socks when my feet are wet/damp. Feels gross when you're in a hurry and have to put on your socks immediately after getting out of the shower. Feels like you just played a few pickup games of basketball.

I like to do some lateral leg swings when I get out of the shower so the soles of my feet dry quicker. I probably get some weird stares doing this butt naked in the locker room but I don't care, dry feet are paramount.

H3p14fv.gif

I don't even know why I'm posting this. Burn this one before they do my eulogy.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Depends on my level of "floor dirt" ocd. Sometimes I like to put them on before I walk across a floor (I put down the bath mat (on the right side of course, that hasn't touched the floor) and put on socks before I walk anywhere.

Sometimes I tip toe around until I can put on socks, so only my toes touch floor dirt.

Sometimes I don't care.