Please share your low cal best supermarket finds

Options
elincixxx
elincixxx Posts: 2 Member
Hi everyone! I swapped sw for calorie counting! Just completed my first week and -4lb 🙌
Would you please share some of your best low calorie finds please? And filling low cal meals / foods?!
Thank you x

Replies

• Daisy_Girl2019
    Daisy_Girl2019 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Frozen veggies are my go to.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    Low/zero fat yoghurts are great.
  • texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    This depends largely on your definition of low cal; what you like; how much meal prep you want to do; etc. For me, low cal = veggies. I buy several cucumbers, carrots, tomatoes, bell peppers and the like to cut up and eat raw for my lunches. I buy broccoli, cauliflower, beets, Brussels sprouts, asparagus, assorted squash, chard, spinach, kale, and so on to cook for dinner.

I rely on meal replacement bars and drinks for quick lunches and breakfasts. I try to eat tart fruits a few times a week.

For the most part, I haven't changed my dinners very much. It's my main meal of the day and I love to cook, so I try to eat less than pre-mfp, but I don't want to give up the things that I love. I'm all about creating a deficit, but I'm NOT about sacrifice!

I lost 17lbs between 3/11/19 and 4/11/19.
  • AquaFan
    AquaFan Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Salad kits. I'm in love with Salad Express Pear Gorgonzola kit. The whole bag with dressing and walnuts is only 250 calories. I add some grilled chicken and it makes a perfect lunch. I am also really digging the strawberry spinach kit from Fresh Express right now. That's lunch for today.
  • InspectorRed
    InspectorRed Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I agree veggies are a great low cal addition to any meal. I also buy the single serving bags of popcorn; wal-mart brand is very inexpensive and each little bag is 70 or 80 calories, they make a great after dinner snack. And from when I was doing low carb, I keep some Halo Top in the freezer for the rare occasion that I want something sweet.
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Tuna packets are great - high protein for very low calories. Eggs too :smile: My new favorite though are jelly bites. They're pre-cubed sugar free jello. The entire bag is 45 calories. They are void of nutritional value but a fun snack you can have anytime of the day really.
  • jenniferanderson3888
    jenniferanderson3888 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Pop chips. Laughing cow cheese. Reduced fat cheese stick, 50 cals. Fiber one brownies.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Veggies: tomatoes, cukes, squashes, mushrooms, spinach.

Fruit: bananas, apples, oranges, kiwi, frozen blueberries.

Grains/starches: rice, oats, potatoes, couscous, popcorn, dried or canned beans.

A large portion of my diet is plants. I buy what's in season and on sale. This really helps keep the cost down.
  • Dreamwa1ker
    Dreamwa1ker Posts: 196 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    My favorite find: Kroger brand reduced calorie pasta https://ship.kroger.com/p/011110849267/kroger-thin-spaghetti-12-oz

Yes, it's a little bit lower calorie than regular, but the main reason I am in love is it is VERY HIGH IN FIBER, yet it has taste/texture just like regular pasta! (and it's a cheap store brand). I've been trying to eat more fiber for some health reasons as well as the fact that I found fiber is something that really helps me stay full and therefore stay in my calorie range. It is nice being able to have some pasta some weeks instead of so much beans/lentils. :-)
  • sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Birdseye Steamfresh bags of Romanesco, Peas & Spinach. Yummy and super handy from the freezer.
    Alpen Light bars for when you want a cereal bar type snack with a cuppa, they are only about 65cal ea.
    Lizi’s Protein Granola (or Aldi’s version which is cheaper). I like to eat it with Fage 0% & fresh blueberries.
    Arla Best of Both milk. It’s the yellow one. Tastes like semi skimmed but the fat of skimmed.
    Halo Top, Breyers Delight & Morrison’s own brand high protein low cal ice creams.
    Frozen mixed seafood - low calorie & quick to cook with, healthy protein.
    Liberte individual layered 0% fat yoghurts - various flavours, good protein content & not too many calories each. About 85cal I recall.
    Homemade Spanish omlette using sweet potato, onions and whatever veg are around. Just make sure to use the 1-cal spray for oiling the pan to keep calories down. It’s filling with a big pile of salad. You’ll find tonnes of recipes online, just avoid the cheese or add it sparingly & of course weigh it out.
    Microwave Poppadoms
  • Viking_Dad
    Viking_Dad Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Sub almond milk for cow's milk and spinach for lettuce in salads. Buy chicken on sale, bake it and freeze it (I find it easier to eat well if it's convenient to do).
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,375 Member
    Options
    veggies & all the great ideas shared, I'll share a few: ground turkey 93% lean. I cook up a batch to have around. Ham, fish, chicken, unsweetened applesauce is very low cal, non fat plain greek yogurt, I mix in couple Tbl of cool whip & strawberry fruit spread, very tasty & filling. Also make smoothies from the yogurt, frozen fruit, spinach, kale & I love cashew milk, only 25 cal/cup
  • mutantmoose
    mutantmoose Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Safeway Light vanilla yogurt at breakfast, frozen veggies at lunch. And black coffee, but that's not for everyone. :smile:
  • 1BlueAurora
    1BlueAurora Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Boiled eggs in a 2-egg packet from the deli section at Fred Meyer. Just 74 calories per egg, and 6 grams of protein each. The protein helps me stave off hunger, and since they're already peeled it's a quick snack. Plus, the salt and pepper packets are free!
  • FatToFitChaser
    FatToFitChaser Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Flavoured Greek yogurt