Automatic Flushing Toilets

Options

Replies

• go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    They’re all good and everything until they don’t flush or they do flush while your still sitting down!
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    As a woman, I’m going to say no to automatic flushing toilettes. They sometimes assume you are done, does an automatic flush while still peeing, and suddenly I’m being showered but not in the good way :s For this reason, I avoid public restrooms like the plague.

Maybe this is one way to get @caco_ethes to shower

Even automatic flushing toilets keep their distance 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    SwannySez wrote: »
    girlinahat wrote: »
    what do you actually GAIN from a courtesy flush?

It's a 'I know what you're do-ing' sound and wastes water.

We eat, therefore we poo. get over it.

ps. the Japanese have taped flush noises so you can press a button rather than wasting water

I have always thought that the idea behind the courtesy flush was to not sit there on a bowl full of fecal matter filling the restroom with the scent of your own waste.

Actually, the flushing spreads the fecal matter residue all over everything

When I'm having an ibs episode I'll courtesy flush, sometimes 2 or 3 times. Not so much to cover the sound (or smell) but because I've managed to clog the toilets a couple times, and I'd a million times rather someone think I'm just being paranoid, than trying to outrun a clog in a public bathroom.
  • _Paparazzi_
    _Paparazzi_ Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I’m glad they have them .
    There are nasty people who refuse to flush after use .
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    SwannySez wrote: »
    girlinahat wrote: »
    what do you actually GAIN from a courtesy flush?

It's a 'I know what you're do-ing' sound and wastes water.

We eat, therefore we poo. get over it.

ps. the Japanese have taped flush noises so you can press a button rather than wasting water

I have always thought that the idea behind the courtesy flush was to not sit there on a bowl full of fecal matter filling the restroom with the scent of your own waste.

my understanding as well
    As a woman, I’m going to say no to automatic flushing toilettes. They sometimes assume you are done, does an automatic flush while still peeing, and suddenly I’m being showered but not in the good way :s For this reason, I avoid public restrooms like the plague.

agreed! No one likes to get unexpectedly sprayed

All in all, I hate all the automations in bathrooms. Toilets, sinks that don't start when you are trying to wash your hands, can't get the stupid soap out. I guess it it helpful that people aren't leaving the water on and stuff, and supposedly cleaner, but I would rather be able to wash my hands than worry about touching the faucet
  • JohnPaulEightyOne
    JohnPaulEightyOne Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I read "atomic flushing toilets." Set myself up for serious disappointment...
  • Five0Six
    Five0Six Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I’m glad they have them .
    There are nasty people who refuse to flush after use .

I worked housekeeping at hotels for a decade. After I was done with that industry, I had no choice but to realize that a great deal of the population feels flushing is optional. I always shuddered to think about what went on in their toilets at home if this was the way they left them publicly.
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Actually I’d have to say the automated sinks are the absolute worst part of the experience of using a public restroom in my opinion. I have yet to find one that has a continuous water flow until all the soap is washed off my hands. I always end up flailing my hands all around the sensor and under the tap to try to get the water to turn back on.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Actually I’d have to say the automated sinks are the absolute worst part of the experience of using a public restroom in my opinion. I have yet to find one that has a continuous water flow until all the soap is washed off my hands. I always end up flailing my hands all around the sensor and under the tap to try to get the water to turn back on.

Yes! Followed by flapping like a maniac in front of the auto paper towel dispenser.
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    @ythannah wrote: »

Yes! Followed by flapping like a maniac in front of the auto paper towel dispenser.

Do you make a dance out of it?

Yes it’s called the pee pee dance.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    @ythannah wrote: »

Do you make a dance out of it?

I could, considering so many public restrooms have music blasting to conveniently camouflage other noises.
  • Xiao_Ya_
    Xiao_Ya_ Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    When I visited America, I encountered toilets like this and they scared me to death lol I thought I had done something terribly wrong