over 60 and still trying

mjh97
mjh97 Posts: 2 Member
I am 65 years old and sometimes feel like I'm 80. I have a 47 year old son and an 8 year old grandson. I want to get in better shape to set an example for both of them.....

Replies

• crone51
    crone51 Posts: 3 Member
    I'm 67 and plan to be thin and in great shape by 68 (In June!).
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    71 here but still trying. Good luck
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 600 Member
    Just turned 60 and very aware that an older body won't handle extra weight as well as my younger one did. My knees took a beating when trying to run on a treadmill this winter, although they did fine 2 winters ago at about the same weight. So, I'm setting my sites on losing 80-100 lbs over the course of a few years. Exercise is the easy part for me--I hate cooking. Lots to figure out.
  • rmbeck1952
    rmbeck1952 Posts: 3 Member
    I am 67 need to keep my weight under control, which I am have trouble doing. Eating way too much sweets and carbs, so I am trying again, to get another 20 pounds off. Good luck everyone.

• 1BlueAurora
    1BlueAurora Posts: 439 Member
    I'm 59, and joined MFP to set a good example for myself! I think you're going to feel a good sense of accomplishment with every half pound you lose! Best of luck to you!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    54 here. It's not easy, huh?
  • MasonsVavo
    MasonsVavo Posts: 1 Member
    64 here and heaviest I’ve ever been. At the end of my rope. Tried everything and nothing’s worked.
  • cbstewart88
    cbstewart88 Posts: 453 Member
    Don't give up!!!!! Will be 64 in a couple of weeks. :/ Been on MFP for about three years and anything is possible!! IMHO - it's harder at this age because we move less. That's it. Period. A slow half-mile walk won't do it. So, got off my *kitten* and started boxing, running, weight training. This improved my mental outlook tremendously which put me in the right space to monitor my caloric intake without feeling deprived or resentful. I don't have a 20 year-old's body - that's for sure - but I'm happy and as strong as s**t!! :wink:
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Don't give up!!!!! Will be 64 in a couple of weeks. :/ Been on MFP for about three years and anything is possible!! IMHO - it's harder at this age because we move less. That's it. Period. A slow half-mile walk won't do it. So, got off my *kitten* and started boxing, running, weight training. This improved my mental outlook tremendously which put me in the right space to monitor my caloric intake without feeling deprived or resentful. I don't have a 20 year-old's body - that's for sure - but I'm happy and as strong as s**t!! :wink:

Amen to that sentiment, sister! I'm 64 and I have good days and bad days, but I'm hanging in there.

Some great insights on aging well in this thread.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10728170/thoughts-on-getting-old-vs-aging/p1