Labels

Options
LaSebaya19
LaSebaya19 Posts: 26 Member
edited April 2019 in Chit-Chat
Hey Everyone,
Am new to this app and had a few questions..

1) When I scan a barcode, is that info made by a person of by MFP database?
2) If the nutrional label doesn't match what was scanned, Can I alter it?
3) I have been eating the Quest Bars and they scan as 20g Carbs But are actually 4g Carbs.. what should I do??

Thank you in advance.. ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž

Replies

• Kathryn247
    Kathryn247 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    1) They're made by a person, an MFP user.
    2) I think they recently added a feature to the app that lets you notify MFP or change it if it's wrong, but I haven't been successful doing that.
    3) When I come across a bar code that's wrong, I go back to the regular search and find the closest thing. If you still can't find it or something close enough, you have to enter it yourself.

I've also noticed that bar codes from a local store sometimes scan as the bar code from a different store, and other strange things. The scanner is nice when it works, but there are limitations to it.

You didn't ask this but it's a common thing - weigh even pre-packaged food. Quest bars labeled at 40 grams for a serving might actually weigh up to 10% more, which adds up. So if the serving size says 40 grams but yours weighs 44 grams, enter it as 1.1 servings.

Cheers!
  • LaSebaya19
    LaSebaya19 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    1) They're made by a person, an MFP user.
    2) I think they recently added a feature to the app that lets you notify MFP or change it if it's wrong, but I haven't been successful doing that.
    3) When I come across a bar code that's wrong, I go back to the regular search and find the closest thing. If you still can't find it or something close enough, you have to enter it yourself.

I've also noticed that bar codes from a local store sometimes scan as the bar code from a different store, and other strange things. The scanner is nice when it works, but there are limitations to it.

You didn't ask this but it's a common thing - weigh even pre-packaged food. Quest bars labeled at 40 grams for a serving might actually weigh up to 10% more, which adds up. So if the serving size says 40 grams but yours weighs 44 grams, enter it as 1.1 servings.

Cheers!

Thank you for Reply Back ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰