Looking to lose weight and build muscle

Going to start beachbody body Beast dvd workouts soon have a bit more weight to lose but would like to build muscle however unsure what I should be eating how to eat the right foods to achieve my goal any advice or help much appreciated

Replies

• pjwrt
    pjwrt Posts: 166 Member
    Hard to do on your own at first. A gym like Anytime Fitness has major internet training and diet programs and trainers at their gyms.

I'm 62 and have had a gym membership since I was 18 and it has paid for itself many times over. *Have fun*
  • grahams312
    grahams312 Posts: 5 Member
    I am at a gym but they only work as pts so not much help thank you for the message
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,023 Member
    You can eat whatever foods you like while sticking to your calorie goal.

To help with satiety, it's probably a good idea to keep an eye on your protein, fat, and fiber goals. Many of us look at them as minimums to be exceeded.

To protect and support your muscles, protein is important, the recommendation I see most often is @ 0.8g of protein per lb of your goal body weight.

Obviously for good health you want to eat a varied diet and nutritious food.

Check out the Most Helpful Posts threads pinned to the top of each forum too, lots of great info there :drinker:
  • grahams312
    grahams312 Posts: 5 Member
    Ok thank you