No more low calorie options?

Options
I came to rely on low calorie substitutions to increase food volume. I'm considering not buying low calorie options of foods like bread, ice cream, cheese etc. for several reasons
1. Sodium, which has my weight fluctuating like crazy and my hands and feet swollen
2. Cost. My family wants "real food" and I'm tired of buying 2 sets of groceries or food that goes to waste. It's really hurting my pockets.

I'm a volume eater, eat close to all of my exercise calories (I get 1370 calories for. 5 lbs a week), and find I am maintaining (water weight fluctuations do play in, but Libra says I'm maintaining).

Any suggestions how to stay satisfied while eating smaller portions of higher calorie foods and how to reduce sodium?

Thanks.

Replies

• apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Some people feel more satiated when they eat more fat. If that happens to work for you, then you may find that eating smaller portions of higher fat foods may work just fine for you.

I would also note that if you've set your MFP goal for weight loss but have been maintaining for more than 4-6 weeks, it's likely time to tighten up your logging.
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    apullum wrote: »
    Some people feel more satiated when they eat more fat. If that happens to work for you, then you may find that eating smaller portions of higher fat foods may work just fine for you.

I would also note that if you've set your MFP goal for weight loss but have been maintaining for more than 4-6 weeks, it's likely time to tighten up your logging.

I agree on the logging. Thanks!
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Buy yourself some voluminous veg and eat that along with a small portion of the denser family food.
  • Dgil1975
    Dgil1975 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Buy yourself some voluminous veg and eat that along with a small portion of the denser family food.

This, it’s all about calorie density. If your going to eat high fat calorie dense food, you better fill your plate with nutrient dense, low calorie veggies. As that way you will feel full