Easter 2019 foods, dinner/breakfast/brunch?

Options
2»

Replies

• WJS_jeepster
    WJS_jeepster Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    thanos5 wrote: »
    being raised as an italian catholic, i thought everyone ate raviolis on easter like i do. guess not.

so yeah...ravioli and lamb. with assorted easter breads and yummies.

My extended family is remarkably unflexible when it comes to family holiday foods. They thought it was weird that I was bringing macaroni and cheese, and made a fuss when another family member brought a non-traditional form of green bean casserole.

We ALWAYS had ham. Dried out yucky ham. Then one year maybe 20 years ago, some small child said "I don't like this ham - it's gross". After the adults shushed him, someone asked "well, does ANYONE like ham? why do we have ham anyway?" It turned out that NOT ONE SINGLE person there even liked ham. A poll was taken as to what special food we could have instead, and now every year we eat pancit (a traditional dish from the Philippines that my mom doesn't like to make very often because the garlic and onions stink up the house). Now cousins come back to town on Easter just to get some pancit.
  • runnermom419
    runnermom419 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    We recently bought a half hog from a local farmer. So, I'll be pulling out ham for that and making all the sides to go along with it.