Bathroom Scale

Options
2»

Replies

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Umm.. I had my last scale for like 6 years and never replaced the battery. My toddler broke it by drowning it in the tub before I had to replace the batteries.
  • luaP852350
    luaP852350 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    How often do you replace your bathroom scale batteries? Mine uses a lithium coin battery which I was under the impression should last quite a while but I find myself having to replace every few months....I'm not sure if that's a normal timeframe or if I should be replacing my scale?

My coin battery leaked before it needed replacing, was less than a year old I've changed the battery now but getting inconsistent readings time to replace I think 😇
  • luaP852350
    luaP852350 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I have had the same scale for a few years now, and do not recall ever replacing the batteries. It hasn't gone screwy yet, so... I dont think there is a standard. Just replace them if it starts acting wierd I guess? (faded display, crazy readings, wont stay on, etc)

Yeah I have been getting inconsistent readings these past two weeks of 0.4-1lb during the same time I am weighing just going off and on again after re-calibrating. I have a feeling it might be time to replace the scale since the battery really should not be dying this quickly?

I'm getting the same, inconsistent readings time to replace I think 👍
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,739 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    And all this is why most new scales fake consistency by not changing what they display unless they detect a significant difference (which varies by manufacturer)

Also, dumbell checking should be done with you holding the dumbell / not holding it.

The ability of a scale to detect a certain weight change in the sub 50 lb range doesn't tell you much about its ability to do so in the 150lb or the 300lb range.

All three could be different for the same scale.

I would much rather see honest variable scales and use a weight trend program to figure out what is happening with my weight level over time...