Healthy Eating and Exercise While Traveling

Options
Hello: I travel extensively (every week, most days) for work (lots of airports, hotels). How do other road warriors maintain healthy habits while traveling?

Replies

• ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I have begun traveling more for work and have been experiencing this problem. Here are my tricks:
    • Walk around the airport while you wait for your flight. If you have to lug all your stuff with you, that burns extra calories!
    • Choose hotels with exercise facilities or that are in residential areas where you can sneak in a run.
    • When going out to eat, try to only eat half. I hate wasting food, but I have to stop treating my body like a dumpster for food waste. You can also have them pack it up for you to eat at a solo meal later.
    • When I travel, I have lots of business meetings over lunch / dinner, so I try to go very light on the meals when I'm not meeting someone for business.
    • Find a nearby park you can walk around before a business meeting.
    • I bring protein bars for breakfast rather than going to the hotel buffet, which tends to be heavy on high calorie items loaded with sugar & fat. I might allow myself one waffle on a trip, but I just can't eat a big sugary breakfast like that every day.
    • Drink tons of water because going out to eat for every meal will flood you with salt.