College

Options
Hello. I am hoping to get to know some college age girls and guys on here for motivation. Also I am trying a low carb diet that has worked in the past. Please give me some tips and/or advice.

Replies

• iggieclark
    iggieclark Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm at university and also just getting started :) I'm trying to cut out sugar and eat low carb too :)
  • ltoaa1
    ltoaa1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I'm in college too.
    My biggest tip is meal prep because the caffetteria won't have many or any low carb alternative. If you'll be eating with more people, they might notice that you are eating something different, so be ready for questions.
    Also, you'll be very tempted to go out for a snack, drink, etc etc. It's okay to say no, if you explain your why, but have the freedom to go once in a while and enjoy yourself, so they don't stop inviting you and as a diet/mental break. Good luck ;)
  • texascarrot820
    texascarrot820 Posts: 29 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Im finding it hard for the first week or two to go completely low carb, but I think its worth while
  • soccercasper
    soccercasper Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    @texascarrot820 I wouldn’t go all low carb out of the gate. I started carb-cycling two weeks ago today. I basically go normal/high carbs on Wednesday and Sunday, and go low carb (less than 40) on all the other days. This is good for your body because it learns to burn fat instead of carbs due to being low on carbs, but it also allows your body to “reset” on the high carb days to avoid your body burning muscle.
    The first week to week and a half was rough in the low card days. I was exhausted and always tired. I think it was like going into ketosis. But now I feel good on my low carb days.
    If you have any questions let me know and I will help.
  • PrettyJawLine
    PrettyJawLine Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i used to track carbs and noticed that it doesn't make a difference. i look at more calories now. as long as you're working out consistently then you'll slim down. also, i do lots of strength training and Hiit so the carbs are necessary.