What is a reasonable portion of dessert a week?

Options
2»

Replies

• Ducks47
    Ducks47 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Ducks47 wrote: »
    What is CICO ?
    Ducks47 wrote: »
    Hello!!

I’m sure to many of you this may sound ridiculous, but I’m trying to tell what a reasonable amount of dessert is a week. Is one pint of ice cream too much? Two? I’m pretty sure it depends on your age, height, etc. I’m a 175 pound, 5 foot 7 inch, young female. Am I eating too much sugar if I eat a pint of ice cream a week? Or two pints? How much should I be eating? I’m having trouble telling from the internet. Sorry if this is really basic knowledge. Thank you

I'm a 50 yo, 5'7", 164.8 pound female and I eat an ice cream bar (usually no sugar added Klondike) or a frozen Greek yogurt bar almost every day all summer. It's 90-150 calories and I can work it into my calories, usually by walking my dog for 30-45 minutes. I would rather eat real sugar than fake and if you don't have a metabolic or endocrine disorder, then there's not a definite answer to your question. I don't eat a lot of stress eets otherwise and I don't want it in the winter. It doesn't affect my blood work, which all remains solidly normal.
    There are people who will "woo" me for this reply, but CICO works. I weighed 235 in August 2013 and was facing a knee replacement. I kept my favorite foods in my eating plan and lost to 153, then gained to 180 when my grandmother passed away and my dad started having mini strokes. Stress + no tome to exercise + fast food aren't a good combination. I am 9 pounds nds from my 155 goal and I know what works for me. Deprivation is not it.

CICO = Calories In Calories Out

Meaning you need to be in a calorie deficit to lose weight, a surplus to gain weight, and calorie balance over time to maintain weight.

:drinker:

• Ducks47
    Ducks47 Posts: 131 Member
    Options

Hey, just wanted to say thank you! You sure answer a lot of my questions I’ve noticed. Very helpful.

I’m glad that’s not how it works. I don’t see how it would work that way when some people wake up at 6 AM and eat at that time and others wake at 12 and eat later and sleep later etc.
    sardelsa wrote: »
    bross57 wrote: »
    Avoid the after-supper and before-bed desserts. These are often times followed by low activity. If sugar calories are not used as energy shortly after they are consumed, they are converted into stored body fat by a process known as lipogenesis. Instead, indulge mid-morning or after lunch when there are still several hours of physical activity left in the day.

Luckily that is not how gaining bodyfat works (which would be be great in some cases if it were true especially for those who are underweight). If you are in a calorie deficit over time, regardless of the time you eat, you will lose weight.