Trader Joe’s frozen artichoke hearts

Options
nocgirl72
nocgirl72 Posts: 139 Member
Wow. What a score. I bought some tonight just to switch up veggies. I gave this cool veggie steamer that goes in microwave and put some asparagus, Brussel sprouts and some artichoke hearts in with a little water, red wine vinegar, garlic powder, pepper and salt.

They are such low cal and high fiber and very few carbs.

Is there anything bad about them?

Replies

• apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    The only reason I can think of an artichoke heart being bad would be if you don't like them or have some medical reason not to eat them, such as an allergy. It's certainly more convenient to buy artichoke hearts frozen rather than preparing fresh artichokes.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    nocgirl72 wrote: »
    Wow. What a score. I bought some tonight just to switch up veggies. I gave this cool veggie steamer that goes in microwave and put some asparagus, Brussel sprouts and some artichoke hearts in with a little water, red wine vinegar, garlic powder, pepper and salt.

They are such low cal and high fiber and very few carbs.

Is there anything bad about them?

Like @apullum said not unless you have a medical reason. They are really good for you. I eat quite a bit of them myself.

• tonyadornbush
    tonyadornbush Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I love artichokes and use them as a way to get fiber into my diet. I'll pair them with hearts of palm in a salad with vinaigrette.
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    Those are so awesome and cost effective. I use 3 or 4 in some of my dishes. No salt or oil that you get from most of the canned/jarred varieties.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Loved this product (no TJs in my area currently) >>> draining canned artichokes