Weight Watchers?

Options
13»

Replies

• SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,879 Member
    Options
    Springsweet, I became Lifetime at WW in 2002 and began working for them that same year (having also done them off and on since the late 80's). I worked for them for 12 years. I have new each of those programs well. Anyhow, myself the new Freestyle does not connect for me. I know there are people that love it, but it does not work for me psychologically and for me most of my issues are in my mine relating to food. That being said, I still go to the weekly meeting and weigh in for accountability and seeing people. I do not mention in the group setting that I am not doing the WW program. It just would not be appropriate, but people who know me well, know I am doing MFP. You mentioned needing support and your loving husband is not good as an accountability partner and you mention not lots of friends to turn to. The meeting room setting might work well for you, or even something like group exercise classes at the YMCA. Having some face to face support is always nice. :)
  • jiggermalou
    jiggermalou Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My wife has been on Weight Watchers for 10 years and still is. She started at 130 and gained 5lbs a year after that. Do the math. I hope she quits soon before she blows up. Bottom line, watch your calorie intake. When you had enough, STOP EATING! It’s really that simple. My gender and size demand 2000 calories to maintain my weight. Figure yours out and go from there. My Fitness Pal is really your best friend for this. There is a learning curve but it’s worth it. In 10 years I lost 30 pound three times this way while my wife gained 50. You can easily lose 30lbs in 6 months. The slower the better. It works every time.