New Wardrobe Issues

Options
kathryn1391
kathryn1391 Posts: 100 Member
Ladies, where do you find best to look for new clothing?

I'm in that awkward state where most high street stores i'm in between sizes, which is making it feel like a chore having to try everything on and then it making me feel worse about myself, and the privileged of having to pay through the roof for it!

I just need new work basics, so dont want to spend a lot!

Any tips or advice is really appreciated.

Replies

• jazzthespazz4321
    jazzthespazz4321 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I feel your struggle.

If your wanting some basics Old Navy is my best friend. Simple prints and basics and some dress pants without the big price tag. They always have a sale going on as well.
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    Stretchy pants. Accessories shirts with belts to cinch your waist. Wrap dresses are definitely your friend. Leggings and an oversized sweater. Learn to tie your tee’s and you can make do with those you have now as well.

Some of my items were able to be altered.
    My girlfriend has bought some super cute items from second hand boutiques recently, perhaps check them out too.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I like the clearance rack at Kohls or Dress Barn...plus, thrift stores are epic, assuming you aren't in a hurry...and if you can do any kind of basic alterations, then taking a dress down half a size is pretty easy if you go with a basic A line style (which quite frankly looks good on just about any body style too) - either take it in on the side seams by putting it on inside-out and pinning where you need to take in, or just add elastic strips on the inside from mid-back to waist (which will also allow for flex sizing as you continue to shrink)...sometimes just adding a pretty belt to a slightly too big dress can do magic.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    old navy, thrift stores, and tj maxx
  • kathryn1391
    Options
    Fab thank you for the tips! I love sewing so might try and revive what i can that way and then make a day of thrift stores!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing a bra extender. Are you having bra issues?
  • kathryn1391
    Options
    I'm wearing a bra extender. Are you having bra issues?

Im not too blessed in that department if im honest but ill check out the extenders thank you!
  • ximenavictoriaxo
    ximenavictoriaxo Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for jeans try Old Navy. I love their jeans, like the mid-rise skinny ankle one. While you gradually lose more weight they will still fit you comfortably. It's perfect if you're also on the shorter side like me. Depending on your size I'd also go browsing through clearance section in JCPenney or Macy's.
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Thrift stores, and Burlington are my favorite places to find clothes. I usually have pretty good luck at both, and I am in an awkward size too.
  • Kimmotion5783
    Kimmotion5783 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I'm getting near that point myself. Avenue sizes are getting to be too big (and I swear their fashion sense is getting uglier!) but I'm still a tad too big for most "normal" clothing stores.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

I only wear finely tailored Versace, Prada or Ermenegildo Zegna.

and sometimes clothing from the sale rack at Target.

..... okay, mostly Target.