How to stay motivated all the way till goal?

Options
whmscll
whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
I only have 9 more pounds to lose until goal. Not completely happy with how I look naked but I look good in most of my clothes. This is sapping my motivation to keep losing. How do you stay motivated all the way to goal?

Replies

• Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    by having a plan and relying on that. it's not about motivation day to day for me cuz i have none of that. it's just about eating as per the "plan" (which is not a plan just foods i like, luckily i am pretty routine) so it requires little thinking.

mostly though i am eating foods i like and not hungry. if anything i'm struggling to get OFF the plan.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    The first time I got close to my weight goal, I also got mentally off kilter due to my prior expectations. Then I gained a lot of weight before getting my head straight again.

This time, I'm not trying to get to a weight. I'm trying to be the healthy person. My goal isn't a distant number. Rather my goal is right now. Right now, the healthy person does things to stay healthy, and avoids doing some things that would harm that condition. One of these days, maybe the clothes will be smaller. Even so, that's not the goal. The life right now is the goal.
  • eb8566
    eb8566 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I’ve done well for months. It had all become a habit and I haven’t struggled with discipline - until now that I am close to goal. I’m close to losing my discipline and I’m getting so impatient. I need to stay focused on the goal.
  • adotbaby
    adotbaby Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'm close to my goal too. I've worked so hard to get here, I seriously could stop at this weight, but reaching that goal is going to feel so rewarding. I'm expecting more of a struggle, being within ten pounds of my goal, but that's part of my journey.
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    take a break and practice maintenance for two weeks... then get back at it!
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    Chant these four powerful affirmation words when you find your motivation waning: desire, discipline, patience and perseverance, then double down your efforts.

This is what I did and crossed my finish line strong and have kept on racing. Liking the way I look now, clothed and naked is a great feeling.

Don’t quit! Double down and keep marching forward. Wishing you the best.
  • TanyaHooton
    TanyaHooton Posts: 249 Member
    Options

Seriously, read this. You don't need motivation. You need discipline.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    Maybe take a break and maintain for a while. There is no set rule that you have to get to your declared "goal weight." Enjoy your new body... and when you feel like taking off another five..then go for it.. and so forth and so on.