91 pound weight loss (with pics!)

Options

Replies

• boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Great job...great story! Thanks for sharing and giving inspiration and hope.

I took my final run at a healthy lifestyle at the age of 57 and 236lbs (5'8")...at age 58 I reached goal and am 4mths2wks into maintenance. Thank you for blazing the trail into long-term maintenance for us Mature Goddesses and reporting back.

I'm employing a strategy of using fitness goals to maintain the healthy lifestyle I've accomplished up to this point. I've been walking 5K Races and have signed up (and training) for a 1/2 marathon in Nov (walk, but maybe occasionally slow jog some). I'm concerned about developing plantar fascitis and would like to know what happened to you in that respect--can you provide a link to that area in your blog or post?

Keep maintaining...you look amazing!!
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    awesome!
  • kimika23
    kimika23 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You're beautiful! Thanks for sharing your story!
  • RunningForeverMama
    RunningForeverMama Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Excellent job!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Congrats on a job well done!!!! You look great!!!!!
  • oDDnySS
    oDDnySS Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Awesome weight loss! Well done!!!!
  • rhondaec
    rhondaec Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You look great!!!

I have plantar faschitis also! It's not fun!
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. I went back and read all your past threads and WOW. Your story is one of the most helpful, insightful and inspirational story I have ever read on here. Congrats on your success, and thank you so much for sharing your words of wisdom. You really helped me today :flowerforyou:
  • pscott822
    pscott822 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration! :drinker:
  • Cedarwren
    Cedarwren Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    bump
  • itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    WOW - WELL DONE!!
  • luisalg14
    luisalg14 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Awesome stuff; you look amazing!
  • JeanneTops
    JeanneTops Posts: 2,619 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the positive comments. And for resurrecting my old posts!

I don't hang out much around the Message Boards anymore because my interests have changed from losing weight to long term maintenance issues. I was very happy to see the Maintenance Board go up and strongly encourage anyone who is on maintenance to go visit there.

Thank you for the friend requests but, as you can read on my profile, I don't accept them anymore. I wouldn't be a good friend to someone still losing for the same reason that I don't visit the Message Boards, my concerns have changed over the years. I've left a trail of board posts and blog posts and my story is all there.

I will keep posting annually because I believe its important for everyone to know that long term success (if two years is long term) is possible, that losing weight when you're older is possible, that even after failing over and over again (for 30 years!) success is still possible and that changing your life for the better is always possible.

Patience, persistence and perseverance. One day at a time. Forever.

Jeanne
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!
  • katherinedyson153
    Options
    wow thats amazing! It's never too late!! You look fab! :)
  • lorenzovonmatterhorn7549
    Options
    Wow! That is fantastic. WTG!
  • AgnesInWonderland
    Options
    you inspire me.
  • jennatheraven
    jennatheraven Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Very inspirational to a newbie like me!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Thanks for updating us with maintenance success following your original weight loss, very encouraging to read! :flowerforyou:
  • pukekolive
    pukekolive Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!