Not losing fat

Hi, I have been religiously counting calories on MyFitnessPal and I wear a fitness tracker to encourage me to stay active. I exercise at the gym 6 days a week, mostly weights and some cardio. I understand why the scale hasn’t changed, as I’m feeling stronger and a gain of muscle. However, all my measurements are the same and I can’t seem to lose the extra fat. I have been going at this for 8+ months and have seen no real change despite working very hard. I eat ~1400 calories a day, workout often, and get plenty of sleep.
Height- 5’7”, weight- 132lbs, age- 20

Replies

• MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    I agree with moving into a recomp. You would be better served by eating at maintenance, and slowly losing fat while gaining muscle.
  • gapeaches444
    gapeaches444 Posts: 4 Member
    I do use a kitchen scale! And yes I have seen no change in my weight, except some normal minor fluctuations. I don't know much about recomp, but I am definitely going to look into it. If you have any advice on that, let me know!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Have you taken progress pictures? At that BMI, it's not like you have a lot of place to go, especially if you have a good amount of muscle mass. You may have been changing your body shape without a scale change. Your shape can change as well without much of a measurement difference.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    cbartlone wrote: »
    I do use a kitchen scale! And yes I have seen no change in my weight, except some normal minor fluctuations. I don't know much about recomp, but I am definitely going to look into it. If you have any advice on that, let me know!

This is a great thread about maintaining your weight and recomping. Which is sounds like you are pretty well doing already. Keep in mind it can take a lot of patience and you may not see dramatic changes in measurements or in the mirror.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat/p1