Question For All MFP Members

Options

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I am not a fan of putting up pics of myself because I don't generally like pictures of myself, and that is the picture I have to see every time I log in.

Of course, I'm trying to get more comfortable with it... hence the current pic.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    IDK, IDC.
  • jonsey_s
    jonsey_s Posts: 222
    Options
    Hard to pretend you're an 18yr old gym bunny if you're a 40 yr old 500pound welder.......

I do not resemble that remark.
  • WhatAnAss
    WhatAnAss Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options

ETA: Whats REALLY annoying however is when girls post some other girls pics they got from the itnernet and try and pretend its them. I would take the empty pics over that any day!

THIS!!! Totally this!!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    All valid points above, but why are there so many without pictures (or filled in profiles) looking for friends on the Introduce Yourself board?

I have a picture, but I haven't filled out my profile information. I've been here two years and still am too lazy to take the time to fill it out.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    as soon as i get a pic of me that is cooler than my avatar, then i will use it.

i don't see that happening any time soon.
  • patfriendly
    patfriendly Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    ETA: Whats REALLY annoying however is when girls post some other girls pics they got from the internet and try and pretend its them. I would take the empty pics over that any day!

This applies to guys as well. I have seen girls getting fooled by fake pics of guys. I always delete the moment I find out someone on my friend list is faking profile picture.
  • T0FatToB3S1ck
    T0FatToB3S1ck Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Why are there so many users without a profile picture?

Just curious...
    I don't know, but your profile pic is awesome. :laugh:

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Privacy issues
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    ETA: Whats REALLY annoying however is when girls post some other girls pics they got from the internet and try and pretend its them. I would take the empty pics over that any day!

This applies to guys as well. I have seen girls getting fooled by fake pics of guys. I always delete the moment I find out someone on my friend list is faking profile picture.

I don't know what you're talking about, this is totally me.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I have an estranged family member who internet stalks me so I try not to put up identifying pics. I go back and forth between having a profile viewable by all MFP members, with no face pics, and having a profile viewable only by my FL, with face pics. I really wish we had security settings for pics, or even better, individual pics, rather than just all or nothing based on profile settings.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I thought they were app only members. Not me I have to share all this sexy! It's only right when you have so much.

And we thank you for it! :love:
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Ninjas.
  • CharlotteAnneUK
    CharlotteAnneUK Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    'cos we are intimidated by all the slim young sexy things out there putting their skimpy clad pics on...... I much prefer the ones with pics myself....
  • tomwatso
    tomwatso Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    I think part of it is pure body issue concepts. I am fat and I do not want my picture taken. The other is privacy, which I can relate to. Facebook pretty much ruined privacy in the age of the internet.
  • m00tmike
    m00tmike Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Because they're too sexy and don't want all of my dirty messages.

^^ This ^^
  • m00tmike
    m00tmike Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Ninjas.

^^ This too ^^
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    It's a good question. I've heard from some that they just don't want to post a photo... Some say they don't think they look good so they put a photo of their pet or something else they enjoy or they don't put a photo at all... Me? I just put a somewhat current (less than 3 months old) photo up every once in a while... I don't mind people looking at my ugly mug! ;-P
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    They are there to offset the members with too many pics. MFP can't handle the pic overload.
  • cwag_afw
    cwag_afw Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Privacy issues

This!