Building muscle buy losing weight???

I have been consistently going to the gym for a few months now and I have seen my muscles grown but my weight has deacreased. Could this be due to the fat I lost in the process as well? I am a skinny fat person and I do quite a lot of cardio.

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    It's quite possible that by losing some fat it is revealing the muscles you had underneath.

It's also possible if you were an untrained newbie to build a little muscle while in a deficit.
  • j_c_29
    j_c_29 Posts: 25 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »
    It's quite possible that by losing some fat it is revealing the muscles you had underneath.

It's also possible if you were an untrained newbie to build a little muscle while in a deficit.

I've been eating lots though. I am using myfitnesspal's calorie counter to calculate how many calories I need to be gaining weight and I adjusted the settings to account for a very active lifestyle. I'm hitting 3k+ calories per day.
  • Ro_4R
    Ro_4R Posts: 100 Member
    It took me a while aswell to find out how my body responded. At first i had exactly the same but after changing my macro's to 50/20/30 it took a week or so for my body to respond. But just as the literature states, recomp is very hard and patience is needed. This is what i try to be.

Best thing I could say is find out howmany call your body exactly uses with and without training. I added calls a couple of times but after changing it, I kept it so i could experience how my body responded. Sticking to the macro's is something I find really important
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,547 Member
    j_c_29 wrote: »
    kimny72 wrote: »

I've been eating lots though. I am using myfitnesspal's calorie counter to calculate how many calories I need to be gaining weight and I adjusted the settings to account for a very active lifestyle. I'm hitting 3k+ calories per day.

If your goal is to gain weight; but you're not, then you either need to increase your calories or decrease your cardio and/or general activity level.