Surrounded by Temptations

Options
Terytha
Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
Across the street from me, and I do mean literally across the street, is a McDonald's, a Dairy Queen, and a KFC. Ever so slightly further away is a Pizza Hut and an A&W. I'm in fast food central.

I'm sick (friggin cold). When I'm sick I'm depressed. When I'm depressed I want to take out my frustrations on my body by eating a ton of chicken nuggets with a milkshake.

Instead I cooked a healthy-ish dinner and I feel cranky and I'm craving a chocolate milkshake.

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    And then when you stay inside and watch your tv, the McD, DQ, KFC, and pizza ads assail you mercilessly.

You just have to take control of your own emotions. Learn how to distract your thoughts to something more pleasant. You'll be ok.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    I can pretty much get all those temptations delivered to my door with a click of a button. Don't even gotta put on pants.

So I don't think we can ever remove ourselves from them. But we can do our best to try to overcome them, while also giving ourselves grace when we succumb to them.

Now I can even work those things into my diet on ocassion. So they don't always have to be all bad.