Your favorite nut butter?

Options
I can't get enough of almond butter and plain old peanut butter.

Replies

• Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Barney’s cocoa and coconut almond butter 😋
    Want to try macadamia butter soon.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter...but I don't get it much because one of my kids is very allergic to peanuts so we don't keep it in the house. I have almond butter on occasion, but it's nowhere near as good.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,594 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's Sunflower butter.

Or cookie butter. :p
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I guess peanut butter even though it is not technically a nut. Almond butter is OK mixed in something but I don't prefer it.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

Yesss, cookie butter.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I have never ventured away from peanut butter. I don't eat it much though. I've had almond butter before but I don't get the appeal. Peanuts are far superior to almonds. Cashew butter would be good, I love cashews. Do they make pistachio butter?
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Wowbutter. It's freaking delicious.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Can't say I'm dead set on one nut/legume butter over the other; just look for something with oil & no BS ingredients added/minimal filler...ideally chunky but throwing in shell-less pistachios and/or cashews works too. Target & Trader Joes make some decent quality cheap stuff
  • creamcaba
    creamcaba Posts: 5 Member
    Options

I need to try both of those, they sound yummy!
  • creamcaba
    creamcaba Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    hesn92 wrote: »
    I have never ventured away from peanut butter. I don't eat it much though. I've had almond butter before but I don't get the appeal. Peanuts are far superior to almonds. Cashew butter would be good, I love cashews. Do they make pistachio butter?

Yes pistachio butter does exist :) I've been planning on trying both of those because cashews and pistaches are my favorite nuts!!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,594 Member
    Options
    creamcaba wrote: »

I need to try both of those, they sound yummy!

I apologize in advance for the crack....er cookie butter. :)
  • jwoolman5
    jwoolman5 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've ever met a nut or seed butter I didn't like.... Or legume butter (peanut, soy such as Wow Butter, even something made from golden peas called No Nut Butter).

My habit is pricey, but I don't eat much at once. I currently have on hand little jars of pistachio butter, walnut butter, hazelnut butter, pecan butter, pumpkin seed butter, watermelon seed butter (haven't tried it yet), hemp seed butter, macademia butter and larger jars of tahini (sesame seeds), cashew butter, almond butter, and several types of peanut butter. I have probably forgotten a few. Oh, coconut butter...

The seed butters tend to need something a little sweet mixed in, even a little coconut oil or coconut butter will do it, or else I just add dried fruit. My tahini is gloppy and can be used as a salad dressing in a pinch. Nice with shredded cabbage.

And how could I forget Nuttzo? A wonderful blend of nuts and seeds.

Jif's almond butter and cashew butter in our grocery store is a nice try, but they seem to have removed the taste. So I stick with brands I have to get mail order....
  • jwoolman5
    jwoolman5 Posts: 191 Member
    Options

I never have figured out what to do with cookie butter (I like the original Biscoff), it doesn't seem to work with any of the crackers I have or with any bread.

So of course I do the sensible thing and eat it off the spoon. Works for me.

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Pistachio butter hands down. Peanut butter can sit in the fridge for more than a month before I remember I have it. Pistachio butter, not so much. Too reminiscent of my favorite pistachio ice cream to be forgotten.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    jwoolman5 wrote: »

I never have figured out what to do with cookie butter (I like the original Biscoff), it doesn't seem to work with any of the crackers I have or with any bread.

So of course I do the sensible thing and eat it off the spoon. Works for me.

Straight from the jar!!! I eat mine with a spoon. But I've also put cookie butter on a chocolate rice cake :D
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,966 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Peanut butter with nothing but peanuts and salt (no sugar, no non-peanut oils). I like Smucker's Natural Creamy.

Pistachio butter and smoked almond butter, but I've only found each once at a farmer's market, so I have to make them myself when I want them. Fortunately, if you have a food processor, making nut butters is simple.

Oh, I see people are including seed butters. I love tahini. I use it in place of PB in PB and banana sandwiches. No jelly in a tahini and banana sandwich.
  • bambishealth
    bambishealth Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    OMG! I have never had Pistachio butter. Where can I find it? I love sunflower seed butter.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    OMG! I have never had Pistachio butter. Where can I find it? I love sunflower seed butter.

I buy it locally, so I can't give you specific brand names (a small home business). It's slightly runnier than peanut butter, green, and has a hint of dairy butter taste for some reason (that dairy-ness is what reminds me of ice cream). The woman says she doesn't add any dairy butter, but who knows. It tastes amazing regardless. Before dieting, I used to mix it with pearl barley cooked in milk and honey. AMAZING! No wonder I gained weight. Now I eat that dish less often, only when she has a sampler sale because I can't be trusted with a whole jar.
  • Rockin_reese
    Rockin_reese Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Almond butter!
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    Onnit's Trilogy Butter (walnut, cashew, & almond blend) or their peanut "fat butter" (higher fat than normal PB, made with macademia).