Protien & Food

Options
Does anybody know how I can reach my protein limit (160-170grams) without eating calorie dense foods. I eat very little which leads to going off my diet and binging. Fish and chicken are sometimes expensive but I really don't like eating. Also body does not process whey very well. (Alien bloating and stomach pains)

Anybody know cheap foods or even one hit wonders that have at least 50 grams of protein?

Replies

• Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    tuna? protein powder? greek yogurt?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    For starters, 160-170 grams of protein sounds like way overkill to me. To get there, you're going to have to eat whether you like it or not.
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    I definitely rely on protein powder to hit my goal, although it's not as high as yours. What has made you decide to set your protein goal so high?

Some other ways I get protein in are:

-greek yogurt (by itself or with ranch seasoning + veggies)
    -tuna - 2 to-go pouches at lunch is 34 g
    -turkey jerky, but obvs watch the sodium
    -eggs and bacon, add some egg whites if calories get too high (add some cottage cheese for a protein bump)

If fish and chicken are too expensive, have you looked at their prices frozen? That might make a difference in your budget. If you have room in your day to increase fat, you could also think about adding some ground beef into your diet (the higher the fat % the cheaper it is).

A high protein dinner I like once a week is a taco salad/bowl. Your preferred type of ground meat with taco seasoning, sub greek yogurt for sour cream, add some cheese, beans if you have enough calories. Add it on top of lettuce. Total protein will depend on the type of meat you pick but just an idea :smile:

I do not, unfortunately, know of any foods that by themselves will have 50g of protein in one serving. King crab meat might be your closest, but quite pricey. Google might know.